Local Place to stretch tires???

I need to know if anyone knows of a good semi local place to stretch tires.

It is specifically a 235/40 18 on an 18x9.5" wheel. Not a huge stretch someone with skill could possibly do it on a mounting machine

there is no polished lip or anything to worry about but I’d rather not have the paint all gouged up to hell.

I remember elliot saying there was a place but cant remember where that was

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what does stretching tires do (does it help performance or something???)? Couldn’t you just order a 245 tire instead? Or is stretching used for those tires that are slightly used but still in great condition or something and can’t fit perfectly onto a new wheel?

245 would still be a stretch :D. Hella flush!

yikes. I run a 245 tire on my 8.5’’ wheels

drew at 518 motorsports mounted my 195’s on 8.5 inch red rims that were on dustin XB and now Swift has them …they cam out perfect he is very carefull …and he also mounted elliots tires on to his gold volks and pink j-lines

a 235 is a decent stretch on a 9.5". there has got to be a tire place around here that can do it. like you said though, you don’t want the rim gouged all up. can’t help you there as most of the tire places i’ve seen around here are freakin relentless on wheels. maybe someone else will chime in.

Stretching tires is illegal.

wat?

not if the wheel/tire doesnt stick out past the fender 2 inches or something… That law was aimed at offroad tires sticking past a fender/fender flare 3 feet

The tire cannot come out more than 3 inches past the fender.Got pulled over for it before with my truck.

I was kidding guys.

SRS, we can mount your tires at the school shop here. We can’t balance them however, our balance only does up to 17" wheels.

right, that’s offset

235 is a baby stretch. any decent tire should could fit that no problem. ive seen 175/60/15s put on a 15x9.5 thats a serious stretch… to the point of total stupidity.

Why not get the right size instead of trying to make do with the wrong ones?

its the trendy thing to do

the VW guys are the kinds of stretch

it all started in europe because the tire couldnt stick out past eh fender so they tucked the tire and stretched it on huge rims

So basically everyone is copping some euro retards way of getting around tickets in thought that its cool??

=-P

I am going to be running a 18x9.5 +35 with a 30mm spacer in there rear of a car that runs a stock 17x7 +50mm offset wheel

that is why they stretch. I want credit card fitment.

• before i get all your gay opinions i don’t care about…this is what i consider good fitment. Perfect fitment would be if my wheels were a +5 offset without spacers

Thank you silent and tungsten

I’ll basically be running fitment like this
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/6948/rearfitef2.jpg
once my coilovers get around to getting here. God fuck this backorder shit

235 on a 9.5" wheel is a TINY strech… anybody should be able to mount them… i have 225’s mounted on 9.5" wheels and its not much of a strech

I am a noobie streched tire guy… but I get the concept. However, from that picture, it looks like you have 3/4" of effective up travel befor you tear the sidewall on the fender… rolled or not. Please enlighten me.