tires/wheels question

I have a 01 protege es and the wheels that came with it seem to be a weird size. I can’t find tires anywhere for it and I really don’t want to buy them online. Its already snowing and I’ve been sliding all over. I’m thinking my best bet would be to buy steel wheels for the winter and then just by nice wheels when the weather clears up. Where would be a good place to buy wheels and tires? I’m open to any suggestions… Thanks

Did you try Sam’s club for tires?

my dads been the one looking around for them, im not sure about there but i know he looked at one or two little tire shops and firestone… firestone didnt have any which i thought was kind of weird… they didnt even know what to tell us :doh:

What size tire is on it now? You don’t have to buy the exact same tire size, just try and keep it to about the same rolling diameter so your speedo stays accurate.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

If you are going to buy “nice wheels” for summer why not just use your stock rims for winter? Finding tires either in the size already on there or close enough for winter should not be a problem.

King’s super tire

I feel your pain. My speed6 has 18x7 55+ offset with 215/45/18. Weirdest shit I’ve ever seen.

Call Jay @ Domination. He’s got pretty good prices on tires. 412-999-1910