tjZ06's 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4

good to hear. On the note of horrific build quality, this Corvette is downright comical. I pulled out the IPC to do the LED mod to the DIC buttons, and for some fucking reason the headlights are refusing to work so I pulled the IPC out again and got into the wiring behind it… wow. This car must have been built by crackheads on Friday at 4:59pm the day of a massive, 10 minute free crack giveaway. It’s comical.

Hmmm, I wonder if yours has been apart a lot. I’ve always been amazingly impressed by the engineering and packaging with the C5 as I work on it. And the build quality has always been at least suitable in my opinion. The paint is “meh” at best (amazing color but orange peel like a mofo, shows up least on my color but black looks shit), body panel gaps are pretty odd (look at the gaps around the hood on any C5, it’s never even close around the headlights, down the length of the fenders etc), but everything is at least put together pretty solidly and for what it is the car is pretty reliable.

-TJ

it must been then, cause it was pretty horiffic. found about 4 connections that were nothing more than twisting the wires together and some cheap ass electrical tape.

Wow, your shit must really have been apart a lot. Maybe it had a big system install before? One thing that is always impressive with GM is their electrical connectors. Wiring in a C5 is mad solid.

-TJ

Just a little update…

Trans, tcase and center diff are being rebuilt as we speak and the Cusco LSD is going in. Meanwhile the susp is coming apart for all the poly bushings etc. All the parts to get it back together have been ordered (I’m sure I’ll come across other shit that needs replacing though).

And the EVO VIII and 3KGT brake deal fell-through, so I’m going to stay stock sleeper look ‘for now.’

-TJ

Well the TCase and Trans are back and all cleaned and fixed up, including the LSD install. I’ll probably have pics of that up soon.

I’ve been really really lagging on getting around to ordering the rest of the stuff I need, I think the list is:

• Oil pressure sending unit
  • OEM Head Gasket Multilayer
  • ARP Head Studs
  • Oil Pan
  • Oil Pan Gasket Set
  • Upper & Lower Timing Covers
  • Knock Sensor
  • ACT 2600 w/ Street Disc Clutch/Pressure Plate
  • Throwout Bearing
  • Clutch Fork & Fulcrum
  • SS Clutch Line
  • Both Front Half Shafts (or rebuild kits if available)
  • Driveshaft Rebuild Parts (I’ve heard I can get t-case recall kits to rebuild it cheaper, but I’d like to replace the u-joints and carrier bearings)
  • Poly Motor Mounts
  • Poly Bushing Kit
  • HP+ stock GVR4 front pads
  • New Front Rotors
  • SS Brake Lines all the way around

-TJ

Sounds like fun, you got a hell of a deal on that car, and I love GVR4s. I would probably have picked one up instead of my 91 GSX except everyone wants so much money for them.