todays posts

they post on both

I am ok with that… Local classifieds are nice to have but lately it is ridiculous.

make a post minimum to make a classifieds ad. I see alot of forums doing that and it seems to keep the rif-raf out

a post minimum is going to do nothing. we already saw that with the new members forum. People will just postwhore until they can post in classifieds.

…and hoopty-tech…and others, same people. Redundant FS threads are stupid in general, so… pay to sell.

charge to use classifieds. :bigthumb:

Possibly raise the post minimum to 50 or 100 before anyone can post in the classifieds. They’ll just give up before posting that many times. Make it something they have to accept before posting a classified thread so they don’t post threads on how to get their classified ad in (kinda how noobs now create a thread for ‘why can’t I post’). Delete their classified thread if they don’t follow the rules, or post stuff for sale in other parts of the forum.

Keep the 5 post limit for regular posting, though.

Just my .02

Discriminate and make only the honduh folks pay :eek:

You don’t understand how easy to whore 50-100 post do you :rofl:

thats a good idea

300 post min for making a classifieds ad, then you need moderator approval before you can begin posting

i don’t think charging is a bad idea, especially if it’s something like 10 or 20 or whatever a year, i don’t think too many PS regulars would have a problem with that, and it’d keep a bunch of the crap out. just my .02

There is a seemingly increased number of classified posts compared to 2 months ago

x2, times are tough, people are broke, looking for any means of getting their stuff out there for people to see at no cost to them.

why not just get rid of the classifieds, and tell people to use craigslist. that is free, and does the same thing our classifieds do

Did you ever go to a restaurant and order your meal, then have the waitress tell you, you can have it cheaper and better at the restaurant across the street?

breakdown of page 1 in classifieds

Misc-2 1/2 (universal wheels, lexan glass, intercooler…etc…)
Domestic Vehicles/Parts-10
Honda related- 6 1/2 (half due to one post had intercooler piping for a civic)
Other Vehicles/Parts-6

looks like domestic parts/vehicles are still far ahead in quantity, don’t understand what all the butthurt is about. If you don’t like the classifieds don’t go to the classifieds. you wouldn’t go to a gay bar if you werent gay would you? Besides the same people complaining about classifieds wouldn’t be complaining if somewhere down the road they needed a part or needed to sell something and wanted to deal with a local, and now the classifieds section is gone.

yea well when you use the new post button and its 3 pages of bs for sale i dont feel like looking through it just to find the other posts. i didnt go look at the classifieds and theres all the shit for sale still. its not just import shit…its everything. people are posting shit up by the second and its annoying. i dont see the problem with charging 10 bucks for ppl to use it. if its that important then pay for it otherwise go somewhere else to sell shit. more than half of the ppl selling shit dont post for any other reason. getting old

It only costs $15/yr to be a donating member to this site. Make being able to post an ad a benefit of being a donating member.
Also, if you happen to sell something on the site that is worth some cash(like a car for example), then send a few bucks to the site that provided you with your buyer. I don’t know what it costs to run this site, but i know damn well it isn’t zero.

Its more then most can imagine… Our advertisers / paying members do help but truthfully Whiteys the money man.

title of this thread needs changed, ha.
I like the idea, hell if people wanna sell on the site they can afford to drop a 20 to do so, maybe put the classified in with e fighting, & hotties, that area has been dried up for a while (cept for the I Win post DAMN!) anyways if they’re payin what 15 for premium member? make it 20/yr to access the classified forums & that also grants access to the hidden ones.
is there a way to make the other sections seeable? but not accesable without paying 1st? man I miss spell check!
have a good day all, I’m going to work.