todays posts

I think being a paid member to post a thread in the classifieds section is a good idea…I don’t agree with paying extra if you item sells.

As a non-paying member I’d be even more inclined to donate. I only haven’t yet because I don’t see enough benefit out of having to start a paypal account just to donate…

I didn’t suggest that paying if your item sells be mandatory, only voluntary. I sold a vehicle on Pittspeed, so i kicked a few bucks to the site, because IMO it was the right thing to do. That’s an individual choice.
I don’t think Whitey would object to a check(or maybe he would?)

I think that dividing them in too a domestic/foreign section, then wheels, suspension etc… would be the best way. There aren’t really a TON of posts so if someone is looking for something specific it would be under an appropriate heading. Seems like this might not be the easiest thing to do though?

Haha, in that case I completely agree with it…

blackbelt, I was typing my reply (on my palm) at the same time u submitted yours, haha apparently we are thinking along the same lines.
zex, I can’t see breaking the forum into sections, I mean where do you stop? plus if that would become a reality they’d have to be charging.
now I really am going to work

Making the forums more granular will not solve anything.

Preventing Honda fan boi’s from joining up just to say “yo, why can’t I post in the classifieds?!” will.

I like the idea of paying members being able to post up for sales, while letting anyone buy, it adds value for the contributors and provides some cost relief for the site.

think its a good idea, u wanna sell shit? donate money

Just set it up Whitey. Add ^this^ line to the sticky at the top. :kekegay:

word!!!

That seems like a reasonable approach.

Wow, looks like someone already did. That was quick.

How can I pay to use the classifieds? Are non-paying members allowed to view classifieds? I think they should be allowed to view them, just not post a new thread in them. Thanks

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/payments.php

Odd move switching up the classifieds, seems like if anything it will just decrease site traffic and thus make the site appear less appealing to potential advertisers. Although the crassified postings have gone up it appears that the posting in other areas has at best stayed the same if not declined. Seems like just removing the classifieds from the see new posts function would have addressed most of the gripes. Just my $.02

and the confusion has already begun http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48901

How about if you post a for sale add in anywhere except classifieds its an automatic 3 day ban?

ehhh…i like the idea of having to pay to post stuff 4sale…

and on the confusion thing ehh…its just means mods are gonna have to be ontop of them alittle more now…or get a couple new ppl to help out

Based on the confusion link, I’m already on it! :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’ll be any more work, just need to point people to the new setup. I know I was always willing to help people out in the classifieds anyway with explaining the rules, posting pics, etc. And if doesn’t seem to be working out it can always be changed.

Why can’t I even view the classifieds? I thought the only restriction was going to be you cannot post unless you are a donating member…and non-donating members can view and reply?

so you have to pay to even look at the classified section or just post?

Yeah… I think it’s legit to make people pay to LIST stuff for sale on here, but everyone should still be able to LOOK at the stuff listed…

I tried to keep my classified listing legit and instead of making 10 different posts selling different things I just made a general classifieds listing including everything…

So it’s an additional 10 dollar fee OVER the existing premium member cost…??