took the sti hillclimbing (vid inside)

So I live about 20 minutes from the most famous dunes in the country…and theres a certain hill called COMP HILL… (pic below)

Well we had a little party in the dunes last night…on my way out I get pulled over from BLM (park rangers) for somthing BS, either way they let me go but they can’t believe i’m taking my car out there, they said they’ve never seen a car get out there. Well I proved them wrong.

When I got out there there was a few sand rails still climbing the hill, so I decided to take the sti up it… you should have seen the looks I got. The video doesn’t do the hill justice so I included a pic of it in the day.
Only thing I did was lower the PSI to about 15…which was still too high. Best thing, I made it higher than my buddys f-150 with 33’s on it.

http://www.dunereview.com/GlamisDunes/G-ButtercupCompHill-2.jpg

and the vid:

I think I coulda made it a bit higher but if I got stuck towards the top, it’s kinda sketchy (pretty big risk of rollover)

Haha nice! That looks like a lot of fun.

Which do you prefer to dick around in; snow or sand?

sand SUCKS cleaning out of the car. lol

True, lol.

Cool, why not a daytime run? How high did you get up the hill?

made it about half way up… and um, just happened to be out there at night and have a camera…better than nothing I suppose…

That’s cool, was just curious :slight_smile:

those wheel bearings ever get sand in em like in the jeeps?

Looks like fun, but I would def clean it out really good before you bring it back in for any warranty or dealership work. Subaru of America is notorious for trying to void warranties.

I’ve never been to sand dunes before so if this is a dumb question I appologize. How hardly packed are sand dunes? In my mind i’m thinking that they are super soft and you would just put it down to the subframe and get stuck? Or is it a bit harder, like the hardish packed parts at a beach?

Looks super fun, would suck to roll over though.