top gear american muscle cars

Today, I watched this again on this past week’s show (Tivo). It was edited, though. No burnout competition.

Impressive 0-176 mph in 1 mile on the salt. The ZR1 is so bad ass.

The Challenger is boring, compared to the Caddy & the ZR1. I used to like it, but I’m quickly starting to dislike it.

I noticed that too. I was watching it this morning on the DVR before work and I wanted to see the CTS-V crash into the weeds again and it never happened.

The new SRT-8’s have manuals now… :dunno:

I know. Don’t matter, still an overweight, oversized, boring Chrysler product. I finally had a chance to sit in one at the auto show & I was even more dissatisfied with it. It was the ‘one’ for me of the recent ‘retro’ muscle cars, based on what I’ve read & how it looks. I’ll take an '04-'06 GTO anyday over it.

what? you dont like the carbon fiber sticker racing stripes?

Nope. I think the R/T is better/cleaner looking than the SRT anyway.

eh, the gto’s were Very Over-Hyped as well, i was definately not impressed with them slapping a goat sticker on a Vauxhall, Really the ls2 is the only thing that saves it from being really bad, not that im saying the challenger is that much better, but at least they did something new, and kept the Older Styling, Great vid though, Prob. my favorite top gear yet

Have you driven a 2004-2006 GTO? Don’t tell me it was overhyped until you drive it. I wouldn’t say it was overhyped, either. There really was no hype about it. Kind of it’s problem in the states - everybody thought it was a GP. It’s a Holden Monaro, not a Vauxhall (Vauxhall just used the platform in europe, but they did not design it. Probably one of the best GM cars in a long time. It is far better than the challenger in terms of build quality. Retro styling FTL. I’ll take a 4dr G8 GT over a Challenger.

I owned a 2004 GTO & wish I still had it, but life gets in the way of hot rods sometimes.

i guess thats why you have a GTO and a reg cab stick pickup :bigok:

i know i konw different times i guess

The pickup I have owned for 18+ years. The '66 GTO works great as a family car, just not a DD.

I don’t own a DD. I rock a company -owned POS for free. The old lady couldn’t drive the 6spd GTO, so it got traded in on a Acura TL.

I dont understand why they dident use the viper? Wouldent this be a better matchup with the ZR1?

viper>vette

typical faggot ass Brit never turned traction control off before. I like Tiff better then those guys

:ugh2:

I was under the impression that they barely even were going to get the charger srt-8. Infact they had to BUY the one in the video because Chrysler didn’t want to give them one to test. I dunno if they sold it yet or not, but I know there was some discussion on another forum about them auctioning it off. I do believe a viper would have been a much better comparison though.

^^ It’s a Challenger SRT-8. Charger is a 4 door.

you’re right, that’s what I meant.

have you drove a srt 10 viper recently ?
its JUNK it rattled more than a 10 year old GM

nope, never drove one.

and it’s a sports car, not a caddy. who cares if it rattles.