Torx drivers for XBOX 360

I know there are some fellow modders on here. I don’t want to buy something I will have no other use for. Anyone have a Torx set or specifically the two sizes needed to open up a 360 that I could take for a couple days? Believe the official sizes are T10 and T8.

You only need one bit, at least that’s all I use and I’ve done a bunch of them.

hmm…interesting. I actually got all of the bigger screws out with a hex key except for two of them that were semi-stripped since its a banned console that was opened by someone before.

They call it a “tamper proof torx” for a reason! LOL

They’re not tamper proof though. Those have the little peg sticking up from the center and you have to use the bits that are hollowed out. These are just standard torx.

tiny T6 or something? Sears has a really good assortment of tiny torx drivers at some/most of their stores. i have a couple jewler style drivers from them.

I picked up my cheap set at a Hectors Hardware in one of those discount bins for $3.

I know harbor freight has the small sets for $3 or $4, and the 100 piece set for less than $10.

I picked up my cheap set at a Hectors Hardware in one of those discount bins for $3.

I know harbor freight has the small sets for $3 or $4, and the 100 piece set for less than $10.

Someone here has my VIA card and torx set to do it. It may be sureshot but not sure. If you find it, you can use it.

hmm, maybe ill hit up hectors by my house and hope lightning strikes twice

I’m 99% sure I have the size(s) you need.

hmm, maybe ill hit up hectors by my house and hope lightning strikes twice

They are called security torx and they can be found at advanced auto, They sell a whole set with phillips heads, flat heads security torx bit and other bits

?

Yea Seriously, thats how ALL my 360 controls are held together, with the tamper proof style as jay said w/ the peg in the center.

LOL ^^^

Yea same with their controllers. You can buy the controller ones on ebay for like 3 bucks shipped.

Have you guys ever even taken apart a 360?

http://www.genieindustrial.com/images/tamper-proof-torx-sockets.jpg

That’s a tamper proof torx.

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attachments/appliances/16431d1233962250-screw-bakc-washing-machine-torx.jpg

That’s a regular torx, what you find inside the 360 case. You can remove them with a standard torx bit, available at any hardware store. The only tamper protection on the 360 is it’s screwless case that once you know what you’re doing you can open with a tiny flat head screwdriver in about 15 seconds.

Go to harbor freight and get like 25 bits for $5. I know my cobra emblem uses a security torx bit, it’s such a stupid idea. Not like they are uncommon bits, now you need to have double the bits so you have regular and security.

I ended up getting the specific ones from Advance… got it open. Now i just need to figure out why my VIA card keeps BSOD’ing my computer.

i used a t9, im currently repairing red ring… Its easy as shit