Xbox 360

Well i originally bought the xbox connectivity kit to hack my 360, i returned it and got the USB kit, which allows you to change the firmware on the dvd drive to play backups, downloaded games. Very simple to use, it took me longer to take the stupid 360 apart, flashing took about 1 minute and it created a backup of the original firmware. I have downloaded 10 games so far, burned them onto verbatim dvd+r dl using a plextor drive and have had 0 coasters. I was shocked this actually worked, i got lucky and my 360 came with a hitachi/lg drive, as of now the samsung drives are not working.

Heres how u can tell which drive you have.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/scarfa21/TS-HLG.jpg

Anyways, I have the kit and can do this for anyone who wants it, no sense of the kit just sitting here. Im a nice guy so ill do it for nothing :). This will void your warranty since you have to take a MS sticker off to open the case. PM me if interested.

thats cool just another reason for me to want to buy a 360 now

hmm… can you still use live?

yes, without any issues.

woah sweet can you hook me up :slight_smile:

ohhh!!!

So how do I find one with the right drive…?

getting my 360 in a week or so, i will definitely look you up for this if I have the right drive :tup:

Any Xbox you buy new now have the Toshiba or Samsung drives, so more incentive to buy one now for that mod seems pointless. The real trick would be to identify the model number of the Hitachi drive and somehow purchase it separately. Maybe the part is the same as a PC version of the drive and you can just change connectors, or something to retro-fit it to your Xbox 360. Then you would really be in business.

360 for christmas :snky:

cant do it that way, a regular dvd will not work in a 360, mine is less than a year old, i think i got lucky with my drive, they are working on a way to get the other drives to work tho.

sure.

:tup: glad to see it works…guess its time for me and silencingmachine to get this

:eekdance:

Damn. Well hopefully the huge nerds figure out how to use other drives. Is there a serial number run or something you can check on the box to ensure you get the “right” drive?

not that im aware of, its random

Is there a way to put games on the HDD yet? Or do you have to burn them?

nope u gotta burn them

If Kev takes care of you ,you should at least take him for a ride in a 14 sec brick so he remembers what it’s like:biglaugh: .
Kev, You know anything about that GN that the owner of Duffs had?I think your Dad was friends with him.I have a pretty good painter for cheap and remember that car needed some paint work even w/ the low miles.
D

lol 14 second brick

im not sure about the GN, havnt heard