Xbox 360 and backup games

ok, so i just bought a 360. i have read a very limited amount of stuff about playing backups on it. anyone particularly well-versed on this topic? i am interested.

PM any of the guys from the XBOX 360 thread

you need to modify your firmware on the drive. as of right now, there is no bans for modding the firmware. the only bans are related to people who make bad backups and playing them. if you are intrested, i can get technical but for the sake of your question, ill just say that the games that are “bad” have small sections in it that dont match perfectly and might lead you to getting banned.

The drive gets modded and you can download games off the internet (usenet or torrents) and burn them on dual layer dvds (usually about $2 a piece).

I thought u could only play burned ones with a certain drive…has that changed now??

http://www.xbox-scene.com/

I’m awaiting my xecuter blaster 360 for mine and my buddy’s 360’s. I was curious what dual layer dvd burners are good, specially for burning 360 games. I was going to get a Liteon LH-20A1H from newegg, but I read the reviews and a ton of people didn’t like them. They can either be IDE or SATA … but I prefer IDE

i use a NEC for my 360 games, i hard coded the layer break, no issues.

NEC here as well. Only burned one coaster 360 game and that was because the dog slammed into my computer while it was burning.

i do what kevin does

<3

I do it on my own. Although Kevin helped. Kevin is buickGN.