MODDED XBOX 360 WARNING!!!!

DO NOT USE BACK UP GAMES ONLINE!!!

I know a bunch of you on here have modded xbox 360s. MS has found a way to detect if you have a backed up game. As of right now, a real game in a modded drive will work fine, however, do not play your burned games online, even with the newest firmwares!!!

lol damn modders.

it seems like they did it it conjunction with the halo 3 release and using a burned copy of crackdown, im safe now, but we shall see.

Although not a modder myself, I can’t help but laugh at these “WARNINGS”.

Its usually only the stupid ones that actually get caught. The few one here that I know mod are much more intelligent than that (I hope…)

:mamoru:

hi. welcome to 4 years ago.

Here A fix.

Basically the new dashboard update had a binding of your dvd drives firmware and system so any updates after the dashboard update last week = ban

Also, playing a burned game of crackdown and getting halo 3 is almost a sure ban.

DO NOT FLASH YOUR DRIVE BACK YET!

ok so the question is who on here got banned so far?

im still good so far, we will see tho, i better go spend my points just incase…since im not buying another 360 just to play on live.

I am still find. I have just been playing halo 3 and not putting a game in the drive.

As of right now, a sure ban is to change your drive firmware after you run the spring dashboard update. Also, the checks are looking at the disc itself so I believe if you play original games with modded firmware, you are ok.

I haven’t even turned my xbox on since a couple days after Forza2 demo came out. I’ll be sure to keep my backups out of the drive when going on live.

Wonder if they’ll release a newer “stealth” firmware.

PS, Kevin, still need my sata card back. No hurry unless a stealth firmware is released. :wink:

yes its right here, lol

ill drop it off to ya

The biggest probelm now is that hte firmware on the drive is bound to the system software some how to any flashing after the spring update, even back to the original firmware = ban

So this is simple, just flash your drive before doing the spring update. Voila!

or you could just leave your xboxes unmodded!

shhh

Alright so who is banned here so far? As of last night, I am fine.

im still good

I’ll log in tonight and see. I haven’t even turned mine on for quite a while. Too much to do lately to sit around playing games. :tdown:

Aparently there is theories that MS has been logging your backup games for a long time now and its just a matter of time.

I think that MS can run specific checks on discs and Sammy drives are pretty good since you cant detect modded firmware.

There has been a release of a new firmware coming out:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZAlpVFluOJvCadyz.php

im not worried, if i get banned i get banned, no biggie to me, i got tons of games i can play offline, and as long as i can play my hddvd movies i dl im happy :slight_smile:

But where is the fun in that? Thats similar to saying keep your car bone stock…