Looking to mod my XBOX 360...need some info

ok so i bought an xbox 360 and it is being shipped to me and i have some questions on modding it. now i have read some of the other threads and have gotten a lot of information off of them and some other websites.

1.) im wondering if anyone on here would be willing to mod my system when i do get it so i dont have to buy the stuff i dont have for my computer to do it.

2.) i dont have a Dual-Layered dvd burner in my computer, so i would obviously need to buy one. is there a good inexpensive one i could buy in a store that would not only burn but read DVD’s so i can rip the games?

let me know…thanks

dual layer dvd burner are like $30 shipped on newegg

yea that sounds like a good deal. im gonna look for a good IDE one that supports my computer

does this seems like a good one? i dont know lol

Pioneer 111 is all i have to say about dual layer DVD burners. I have one and never coastered an xbox game

i dont think my computer supports SATA, my drives that are in it now are IDE. unless there are some SATA cords in there i dont know

so what? that drive isnt just sata, there is even an external USB2.0 version lmao

i dont want to use usb, theyre more expensive and probably much slow burning dvds. ill probably check my dell dimension 8400 when i go home and see if there are any SATA connections inside of it.

if you dont have Vista ill sell you a Duel layer burner for 15, nothing wrong with it just isnt suported with vista

pming

Not all DL burners work well for the 360

Be careful

:word: But you gotta let them make their own mistakes, if they don’t wanna do the research… fuck em

have i bought a dvd burner yet? no, i havent. like i said before, im going to look inside my computer to see if there are any SATA connections for that pioneer 111 drive.

you can get the same drive with ide, i use a NEC drive, works perfectly.

IDE also.

google nec drive for burning 360 games.

its like 35 bucks.

oh ok…duh, lol. yea i just gotta wait till my xbox arrives so i can find out what drive i actually have before i order one.

I would talk to boxxa on the modding…he did a great job on mine

I mod too, so im qualified :slight_smile:

nice. im another member of the “got my DL burner for 30 bucks and it works perfectly” thread. My memorex burner with verbatim DVD+R DL media have me about 15 for 15.

where do you guys usually buy the Verbatim DL disks from? i see online that OfficeMax sells them.

and do you go for the DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL?

Thanx

is there anyway to get an Xbox 1 .iso file to play on my flashed 360? my 360 is flashed to the most up-to-date firmware

i have an .iso file of Halo 1 sitting on my computer and want to play it on my 360. what would i have to do to get it to play correctly? i read you have to do some stuff to it but i couldnt find the exact answer

and i dont have the original disk :redface: