Tourist Trophy [PS2]

So far I’m really starting to love this game. I’ve picked up quite the array of bikes, including a few racebikes , and surprisingly I am having no problem winning races (yes I am set to pro). I breezed through a lot of the licence tests, and I have over 10 golds, and many of my silvers are just a 10th or three off of gold times. Now that I’ve gotten comfortable with the mechanics and being smooth, I’ve started to tinker with suspension setup.

I really love the physics and mecahnics of the game. You have to be very smooth with throttle delivery as well as brake application.

I wish I could get a steering damper for some of these bikes. A few of the tracks have weird off-camber turns or dips that really send the bikes into tank-slapper mode.

I’m also really falling in love with the riding style function. The customization avaliable and how it interacts with the game (bike handling, etc) is really top notch. I can make a form to almost mirror the way I ride a bike, and even re-create things that have happend to me (grabbing the brake wrong, etc) and produce similar results. I can also change the riding style and thereby slighty change how the bike reacts too. It’s pretty cool to see. I definitely think this game is better than the Moto GP series for sure.

Acquiring bikes in TT is slightly different from acquiring cars in GT4. Yes you can acquire bikes from winning races. But the main way to acquire bikes is through “challenges”

It works like this:

Lets say, you want the Ducati 999 for your garage. You go to challenge mode in your sim game. Select the Ducati 999 from the list of bikes (choose color that oyu want, etc). You are then given a challenge. There are many challenges, similar to driver missions in GT4. For the Ducati 999, you are pitted against a liter bike (GSXR-1000 '05 in my case). The mission in my case was to pass the opponent on Deep Forest in three laps (yes, he has a considerable head start). To complete the mission the terms were:

1. Pass the opponent before the three laps are over, and maintain the lead for 10 seconds.

Or:

1. Pass the opponent, and beat him to the start finish line.

You had to make a clean pass. If the opponent crashed because of you, you automatically failed.

Complete the challenge, and the bike you desire (and competed with) is yours to keep. Lose, and as the Soup Nazi would say, " NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

There is no “money system” in the game that I have seen so far. Many of the bikes you acquire have all the modifications with them as options. For instance, I won a race (forget which series) and won the MV Augusta , and it came with an aftermarket exhaust pipes as well as street tires and performance tires. Race bikes acquired all have come with three different race tire compounds (hard, medium, soft). Most bikes already have adjustable suspension as standard, so there is no need to purchase anything really.

While you can collect bikes for your garage, the game has taken away the importance of buying/selling cars and parts for horsepower to overpower your competition, and forces you to concentrate more on riding skill. This changes the game, and makes things more interesting (and to an extent, more difficult). Now if you want to be fast, you really need to concentrate on being smooth, and setting up the bike properly (suspension, gearing, etc.) No more getting away with ramming your opponent off the track. You hit something with the bike, more often than not you are going down hard :slight_smile:

Nope. But the good thing about acquiring racebikes is that you can change the number to whatever you want :wink:

EDIT: Actually, any number from 5-99. 1-3 are special numbers only available for placing in a championship series . I just got a #1 plate last night for my NSR 250 SE Racebike :slight_smile:

This game does a good job of not doing that. When you crash, you see the carnage, and then they quickly get you back up and running. IMHO, a bit too quickly, but there is no forever sliding on the ground like in other motorcycle videogames.

yae ive had it for a few days and ive been pwning with the cbr600rr street version and RM :slight_smile:

haha I was riding the same bike and it rules rather hard.
I rented it.

ugh, must buy PS2 :mamoru:

http://www.mxdeals.com/gemini-controller-game.html.html

Oh boy: :uhh:

http://www.mxdeals.com/images/19-7999lg.jpg

lol that came out then riding spirits came out.
http://ps2.gamezone.com/gamesell/p19844.htm
and i guess they are coning out with a riding spirits 2
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/ridingspirits2

I was wondering if such a thing existed… now I have my answer…

Bump, forgot all about this until today. Rather fun.

lol, nice bump, wonder if i can get it for 20 bucks now

I haven’t played TT in a long time. For me it’s one of those games you just have to keep around though I wouldn’t sell it…