Toyota in NASCAR..

i knew your views on liking nascar, and crappy car companies

I think chris summed up what I was getting at

Crappy now… yes, sadly. But I’m a domestic loving redneck. News of a Toyota coming into NASCAR will upset Bud fans everywhere!

AHH!

:slight_smile: Don’t hate me.

Companies don’t dominate in nascar, it’s the teams that dominate in nascar. Rules/restrictions make any differences between manufacturers negligable really.

RobHimself wrote:

I hope they have a black driver and SHE cleans house.

Come on Rob, if you’re going to share in my dream, at least get it right.

It’s a French speaking black woman driving a Japenese car winning the Nascar title.

Ooooh, the hicks would be angry.

no one mentioned this… where can i buy a rwd montie carlo or grand prix (even tho pontiac is out of it for like the past 2 yrs)

What?

And it’s Monte Carlo.

you can buy a RWD Monte…as long as it’s pre-1991*

*not sure when they made the actual drivetrain switch, but that’s my guess.

only REAL montes i know are RWD.

I like washing machines, but I don’t like NASCAR (Anymore that is. :()

lol oh no now all the hicks are gonna start rioting :stuck_out_tongue: and yea this was announced last year somtime

'88 and before

i still cannot believe that the best thing they gave the fucking SS’ was a TBI 305. they didn’t deserve at least TPI 305s, 350s? what a cool car with like the little drivetrain that couldn’t

this has to have hardcore backwoods redneck nascar fans mighty fired up

Old news, but still saddening to see it actually happening now…

I didnt know toyota even made carbed pushrod v8’s way to progress with technology.

the only real difference in 2006 is the motors. the sheet metal is now identical from manufacturer to manufacturer.

and yes this is old news. but seeing hicks flip out over a toyota entering the field but not saying anything about all the drastic changes nascar has made to the rules kind of shows that nascar fans are not about racing but about nameplates and personalities.

Ill be a nascar fan to the end…but i wont go buying shitty beer cause a driver i like is sponsored by them, i wont cover myself with garments plastered with a drivers sponsor so i look like a walking billboard, i wont buy a shitty car because its “american made” and my favorite driver is sponsored by them, and most importantly i will welcome any change or new manufacturer in the series that makes it more competative and interesting to watch. this is a good thing for nascar you stupid hicks :stuck_out_tongue:

so if i go out and get a camry - then proceed to slap on a big 07 and other stickers on it - would i be a NASCAR Redneck hick or would i be a ricer?

I’m so confused…

wrong…the front ends are completely different between manufacturers.

Actually they did give an SS a factory 350 AND a manual 4 speed. It was only in 1984 and was only in Mexico. Very rare car…

EDIT: Also for '06 the backends are slightly different also

Good Move Toyota, in a few more years Rednecks will start thinking Toyota is a Domestic! :smiley:

X…

Hell, the Camry is built in Kentucky. Instant fan base with all of the rednecks that work there.