Toyota....

West-Herr.

In Canada, per unit sales of all consumer passenger vehicles are down year over year by 10-12% on aggregate.

This information comes right from Ford / Volvo and sourced from Autodata… Bing stoled it.

in fact… copy pasting:

Overall Industry

Light vehicle deliveries totaled 1.36 million units in March 2008, down -12.0% from a year ago.

Segment Performance

Passenger car sales (680,005 units) decreased -5.4%.
YTD, total passenger car deliveries fell -3.1% to 1,730,907 units.

Light truck sales overall were down -17.8%.
YTD, light truck sales were down -12.1% at 1,846,386 units.

Also… the costs of selling is getting higher.

Luxury brands are throwing increasing amounts of money into incentive spending on a per car basis.

Acura: $2,110 per car up 53.9% from 07
Audi: $3,471 up 40.1%
BMW: $4,583 down 1.1%
Infiniti: $3,750 up 39%
lexus: $1,636 up 53%
Lincoln: $5,661 down 5.4%
Merc: $3,081 up 4.1%
Saab: $6,183 up 6.6%
Volvo $3,645 down 15%

for your pleasure… enjoy and discuss… please input irrelevant personal opinions please.

facts posted:

/thread i suppose.

:tup:

Holy fuckin double negatives. Where did you quote that from? I hope it wasn’t a reputable source.

I think Toyota has fallen behind in the last 10 yrs. Yea they are selling shit loads of cars but from the 70-90’s they were way ahead of their time. Now they just seem like they are slacking and chasing the other manufacturers. Look how long it took them to introduce a full size truck and when all the other makers brought back their signature sports car, what does Toyota do? they stop making anything significantly sporty.

Where is your logic? In a time of a “Gas Crisis”, why the fuck would any company throw money at the developement of a new sports car? I know it’s hard for alot of the people on this forum to believe, but the majority of people in the world, don’t give a fucking shit about a sports car. They want something RELIABLE, efficient and for cheap.

Edit - If for some reason you think this method is flawed, remind me what company is still making profit on their cars…

Then why did they make a full size Tundra? The 350z and rx8 came out in 02/03 when gas prices were not that big of a concern. It’s Toyota, all of their cars including their sports car are reliable and fairly gas efficient (20-25mpg).

To infultrate the Truck market. Like previously mentioned, having a diverse portfolio is a great investment because if you can start converting the people who need full size trucks over to a Tundra, then chances are their wives are going to be driving Corollas or Camrys not long after.

whats really crazy is that in small markets like mine truck sales are actually UP. we are up 8% over last year on Silverado and Sierra, even with gas prices, a stupid strike etc.

Ford / Volvo Canada… taken from Autosource.