Tracing Ancestry

Has anyone done this before? I think it’d be really cool to do. I specifically want to learn more about my great grandfather who was on the USS Wasp in WWII which sank. I suppose I could ask my great grandmother but I’m not sure how much she knows. I’m really not even sure where to start.

My dad is a genealogist on the side and does side work through Ancestry.com. He’s really good at it. If you want he can help you get that information for a small fee.

He found parts of my family history back to the 14th century, which is pretty crazy.

hahaha…I would like to see what he could do for me then, I am a bajillion different nationalities so that would be more than interesting

Yeah I tried ancestry.com, let me know what he charges. i think the site wanted like 150 a month or something. I can round up info as needed.

PM me with your contact info and I’ll talk to him tomorrow. He’ll probably want to call and talk with you to see what you’re looking for. I’m not sure at all what he charges…

Messaged, I appreciate the assistance. I got intrigued by this by my GFs father who traced his ancestry back a few centuries, and located his family whom participated in various wars.

I dug back in high school, found out I’m linked to Lincoln from marriage, pretty interesting. I didn’t look past him though, as I thought that was cool and couldn’t get any better. Yet, somehow I got like a B or a C on the project, lame.

i looked into this many years ago i am a direct decendant of Joseph Brant which is cool. that and $1.45 will buy me a cup of coffee