trailering car into canada with intent to sell

Well correct, sort of. You need to make sure You know what’s going on. They can screw up, it’s up to you to be right.

You’re supposed to submit the paperwork 72 hoiurs ahead of time. If not they could impound the vehicle and fine you $10,000. This going into Canada that is. I’ve only heard of one person having this problem. My friend was bringing his car back from Carlisle and the agent was all sorts of confused since it never was really exported but had a different status for leaving Canada to be returning. In any event submitting the paperwork inadvance should make sur eit’s ready when you get there.

Oh and BTW!! Lewiston is the only border crossing that you can take it across.

so basically you need paperwork from customs to register the car if the previous registered owner was in the US? that sucks i figured there would be some loop hole i.e. bring it over saying your going to the track, then on the way back say it broke at the track and you were offered 100 bucks for it as is, so you figured fuck it cuz you couldnt afford to fix it and get off on cheaper duties. i think the best bet here is just say it is sold as is where is and once you got money he can do whatever he likes its not your problem anymore, dont fuck with countries and there taxes its the one thing that will come back to bite you in the ass.

It’s not that the previous owner is from the US. The car had a NYS title or whatever state. He needs a Canadian title to register it.

To get the new title he needs needs to go through this checklist.

Step by step importing instructions

There really is no way around it.

Pretty much anything that goes across the border needs a good explanation and documentation(and if appropriate, duties). If they have any doubt as to what you’re doing they’ll call you out on it. If you show up with a salvage street car on a trailer and say it’s going to the track, they’re gonna look at you real hard. If there’s any question, they can impound it, refuse it, arrest you, or at best ask you to post a bond. The bond will be what they feel is the value of the car plus extra to make sure you follow through. You get your bond back when it comes back across the border. They also could let you across, I wouldn’t bet on that option though.

Can’t say it enough, sell it to him and get it signed over, then it’s his problem.

Here is the kicker folks, CANADA IS ANOTHER COUNTRY.

i need someone to tow a car from buffalo to my place in niagara… anyone?

gimme a price and lets do this