Tranny Question?

I have a 93 Integra auto… any i found that there is a crack in the buttom of the tranny it really isnt that bad but it leaks tranny fluid only when the engine is on…the crack is only about 2/4 of an inch… buddy of mine said i could try jb aluminum welding it for a solution instead of buyin a new tranny…cause im low on cash… it shifts fine when there is tranny fluid but when it runs out it slips … it wont go at all…the crack didnt spread at all … so i am thinkin about cleanin the crack and weldin it …good or bad solution?..this is my beater car also so…if anyone has any better solutions plz help…

my guess is if you ran it low, it’s not gona last much longer after you fix it, then you’re gonna have a tow bill on top of the price of a tranny.

you would be alot better off replacing it

X2…

How many times has it been ran low?

like its first time i seen it leak all out … so i didnt run it till i got some tranny fluid in it then i took it down to my garage with is like 2 miles down the road from me… i let it sit for a day… then it all drained out again… then i finally looked at it and it was cracked… so not long

Welding can actually work if its aluminum TIG weld it if steel MIG it.If you dont want to go that route try the JB weld.

JB weld should hold something like that ,as long as you get it really clean. I would say let it drain out, blast it with some brakeclean, let it dry, do it again, then slap the JB weld to it.

Right -stuff>*

I agree with that…

The real question is, what caused it to crack?

Was wondering that myself. Did he wack something?

no haha it wasnt from me … i bought it in sept. and the guy said the tranny was rebuilt… so i had it for about a month it ran it shifted fine… then i noticed it was leekin tranny oil really bad and startin to slip so i let it sit for 3 months till i got time to fix it … then finally now i get some time … i found out that the crack was above the shift linkage cable … i drained all the tranny fluid that was left… then i clean it with break cleaner …then sanded …and clean again … and i put some jb on it … when it was done i put another coat … now it is fine … so overall i save about 300$ and spent only about 10 thankx to jdm97ek haha … now she is runin but than ever … i wanan get rid of her since shes my 3rd car… its my daily now but i still got 2 … so if anyone is interested pm me or msg on aim

nice to see you didn’t casue, but you did fix it.

yeah … shit happens i guess