Good Transmission Shops in the Southtowns?

my gf’s mini van just started leaking what appears to be a serious amount of tranny fluid.

i called the shop my parents take their cars, and they’re backed up till the end of the week. can anyone vouch for a good shop for transmissions pref in the southtown area?

i would like to take it someplace where i know someone working there… just feel safer doing it that way.

thanks

jam

Can you get under it to see if it is a line that is corroded, or if it is a seal, or if there is a crack in the case?

i could, but i dont want to… im going to guess it is just a line, but im not going to replace it.

her dad is paying for the repair, so why would i try to do it myself?

the tranny seemed perfect before this happened and the weirdest thing about it is the dip stick for the trannys still reading full… when she was driving, she said she heard a loud clunk and smelled burning and the car refused to move, but the motor still ran fine. maybe a line to the cooler? the car lost a ton of fluid, there is a huge puddle of it under her car, but the dip stick reads and ok level.

idk a lot about autos, but maybe the torque converter shit the bed and dumped it’s contents?

If it smelled like burning it was most likely the fluid being sprayed on the block. that is common when a line breaks. The loud clunk on the other hand is a bad thing. Newman may be right about the converter however those dont usually just break, the fins in the will strip out and there is a rattling noise until it dies. Is the fluid bright red and smell sweet, or is it more of a burnt nasty smell and brown color?

Continental in OP. Moms minivan fixed there, no problems and great pricing. Tom Marks (aka Dozr) recomended them to us. They did a great job, and in a fast time. Moms van was a dodge caravan btw.
Place was on Ochard park rd. If I remeber correctly.

Jeller

+1 for continental, its a legit shop

Over the years I have had 3 completely rebuilt at continental on Camp road in Hamburg, great prices , great service

They used to have coupons in the Talking phone book, not sure if they still do or not

thanks for the info guys.

i had a clutch done at the continental on camp years ago for the civic, they did a great job and a really good price…

i called rons garage, theyve always been great. but like i said, booked till the end of the week…

just gave continental a call, its going in there now.

thanks for the help guys

good deal, check the phone book to see if they still have a coupon

christ hes just fucking her he’s not her mechanic :bloated:

right?

plus, after looking closely my brother and i found a solid chunk the size of a golf ball missing from the TOP of the tranny case. not good, i wouldnt even know where to begin with that one. as far as im concerned auto trannys work by magic and worm holes

a hole that big = new tranny let me know how much he quotes you. If it is high i can get you a better price.

RTR behinde future tire on military road. Best hands down! Also honest! And its hard to find a trans shop that honest.

begin with JB weld and duct tape, work from there

DJ Nick at Autotune. It’s the ONLY choice. He is the most honest hard working mechanic I have ever personally seen.

werd

nick is a good guy :tup: he does great work

my guess not knowing anything about dodge transmissions would be a planetary gear came apart, or maybe even a diffpin if they are common on those transmissions.

On the taurus transmission it is not uncommon to see much of the top side of the transmission blown apart from a planetary failure.

its not really south towns, but i go thru slipco for all my transmission work.