Advice on tranny line that snapped off in the transmission

So my roommate’s car started leaking fluid from where one of the transmission lines goes into the transmission. After changing a strut that got bent to shit from taking a hit and run this winter I found the leak and attempted to tighten the line a bit thinking that it might help. Dur…

Needless to say, the line snapped off leaving just the threaded part in there. I won’t be tackling this, but I’m just wondering what you guys have to say about fixing this. Looking for serious input from the really good mechanics.

The car is a 98 Ford Taurus 3.0 OHV. What do you guys think this would cost and where would you go? She is moving to Louisiana next weekend and was already planning on towing the car down, so she will probably get it fixed down there. I am going to talk to the mechanic I turn to when I need something goofy, he can literally fix anything and is super reasonable with me. But since she is moving there might not be enough time for him to do it so I’d like know what to expect from a few perspectives. Thanks.

What part broke? The line which is flared into the fitting? I’m not sure sure how it broke. :confused:

Can you just pull the threaded part out and put a new line in?

if it’s the line broke in the fitting to the transmission thats not a big deal at all. remove the threaded section from the transmission and buy new lines. Like $65 from the dealer no biggie at all.

Also, if it is this said hardline you can also get a tube and flare it to re-use the screw in fitting. Then flare the other end and run a clamped rubber line to where ever you have to go.

There isn’t anything to grab onto to get the threaded part out : (

ez out

Awh, you can also try a punch and tapping the treads out.

+1

I’ve been thinking ez out. Not sure how tapping the threads would be with the transmission. I don’t know where the shavings would be falling.

Just talked to my mechanic and he said he could do it for $100 labor. He didn’t look happy though, haha.