Mysterious Tranny Leak Problem...

Okay, as some of you know, I sucked something into the sending unit or the fuel pump in the tank of my 87 blazer last week at Carlisle, so I haven’t driven it at all in the past week…

For 4 days, it was fine, no leaks from gas or anywhere else… Today, I notice a leak from the pass side, and I know exactly what it is from 30 yds away: Tranny.

I go over, and there is about 1/4 to 1/2 qt of fluid laying in the street… MY street is on a slight slight slight incline, barely noticeable… BUT, if it was going to leak, wouldn’t it have done so when I first brought it off the trailer? It hasn’t been started in a couple days, and it didnt leak for at least 24hrs after the last time i got it started.

The leak looks to be coming from near where the tranny dipstick is, the cooler lines, etc…

Anyone have any idea what the fuck this thing could be? I really really really don’t want to pull this tranny out to fix it, and if I do I’m upgrading to a bowtie overdrives 700 or maybe even a fuckin stick… Brian, you wouldn’t happen to have some 93-97 fbodys laying around with t56’s that you’d want to swap into my truck for a price, woudl you? Thats how much I hate automatics.

thanks in advance.

o-ring on dipstick tube or the kickdown/tv cable o-ring? tranny cooler lines?

i dont think it can be the tranny cooler lines b/c it has been sitting and leaked… im thinking tube or tv cable, most likely dipstick tube… i got a lokar stainless flexible tube on there b/c my stock one was leaking, i wonder if i accidentaly put two o rings on that tube?

Probably shattered your output shaft housing. If you leave it in park on a really slight hill that long they grenade. Be carefull cause t56’s will do the same thing.

How do I check the output shaft housing? Mind you its only been parked there a week and this tranny has a max of about 750miles on it.

I would say o-ring on the dipstick. they can leak like the exxon valdez!