s13 sr20 tranny

i’ve been noticing my transmission leaking, it seems like it is leaking pretty hard. where are some common spots for it to leak and what should i replace. thanks for the help guys

shifter plate, rear seal(where drive shaft is), front seal(inside the bellhousing). Where any sensors go in, fill drain cap and where the bellhousing and gearset meet. that’s about alll the places you can leak.

update: so it turns out i have about 1/3 of a penny sized hole right at the bottom of the tranny where it bolts up to the engine. is it possible to patch or weld transmissions or do i need a new one :frowning:

post a pic of that hole…

i am almost positive every trans has that hole in it. at the very bottom.

really? so is it possible that just the seal is bad and causing fluid to leak from the hole. i cant get the pics off my phone of the hole but it is at the absolute bottom of the tranny where it bolts to the engine.

Mine is leaking slightly from one of the sensors, I needs a crunch washer!

lol shitty, this was a pretty strong leak. and ive been noticing it getting worse

there is a stock hole there.

there is a seal in the bellhousing. probably your problem as now you got to drop the trans, may as well throw a clutch in while your at it.

i think the gasket is the same as ka, but look it up to make sure.

edit. are you sure its not leaking from the back forward?

yea im pretty sure its just leaking from the front. but i did notice a huge amount of burnt oil marks on the exhaust closer to the diff. might have been from driving while it was leaking but im not sure. i also may need a new throw out bearing. do you think im best just changing the tranny. this ones drives nice though no grinds.

spray everything down with brake clean to get the oil off and just wait and see where its coming from so you know for sure.