need help - trans leaking pinhole what to do

what can i use to seal a pinhole leak (around a weld) in my aluminum housed transmission…the problem is i can’t put any sealant on it because it’s leaking slightly so nothing sticks…

drain it and see if you can find a epoxy that will hold to it…

not even JB weld will hold? i would guess not…

Drain it, i know you dont want to hear that, but JB weld = gods gift to leaks on metal.

jb weld should work… ya, like he said…drain it, dry it and jb weld it.

here’s why i can’t drain it…it’s on the lowest point in the tranny there is a qt that stays in after being drained, unless i pull the tranny or get the car up at a heavy angle to get that out i’d have to pull the tranny.

Use a shop vac to suck it out

tilt the car!!!

try this and then pull an axle out as well,that should get rid of most of the fluid,at least to the point where it wont leak anymore.when i did this b4 i pulled the tranny off the motor hardly any fluid came out from the “hidden” quart of fluid our trannies love to hide.

yeah that’s whats driving me crazy, i’m gonna try it tonight i was set on driving it to work today…alas no go.

I cracked the case on my quad a few years back…JB welded it and it sealed it tight and never cracked. just make sure it is clean

i used gas tank repair on my quad when i threw the chain…but that for big holes jb weld will work just fine