My trannys spitting out oil

Since i did the SR swap ive noticed the JDM trannys leaking a bit of oil thats

either coming from where the driveshaft goes into the tranny or its coming out

from above where the shifter is. Originally i thought it was from the shaft going

into the tranny because it appears the driveshaft is a inch short…which ive been

told is normal.

The leaking while the car was parked the 1st few days after the swap 

stopped…but now i notice that the sides of the tranny around the shifter has

gear oil all over it…oils then making its way to the rotating part of the driveshaft

which is making it splatter all over around the driveshaft tunnel. This making me

think its for sure coming out from the shifter. I have a megan shifter(ver.1)

installed…never had a issue with it on my old tranny…Im not sure how much fluid

ive lost since i did the swap and am worried about running the tranny too dry…

My queston is how is this oil coming back out of the shifter and how can i 

prevent this? Im going to pull the rubber boot off and see if its covered in oil to

confirm 100% that its shooting out of the shifter and update later.

Lasty, is it normal to have a driveshaft that appears to be a inch short with the 

SR swap and JDM tranny? When its unbolted from the longer driveshaft it slides

in a good inch more than where it is now. I like to get to get full penetration

otherwise their may be issues…Is this some JDM thing?

These pics show a LOT of how disqusting the rustproofing is on my car. I hate working under the car with that stuff being 5mm thick.
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1750/22112006vz6.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6821/22112006001lz0.jpg

You may actually have too much oil in the tranny.

Other than that, make sure the rubber gasket is in place between the shifter base plate and the top of the tranny, and that the big rubber codpiece is attached and circlip-ed in place.

For fluid level, get the car level, remove the sight plug on the side of the transmission. If out comes a bubblin’ crude, it was too full.

You are also missing the USDM dust shield on the tranny tail which is why it looks like there is alot of slop in your driveshaft.

Its 100% coming out from the shifter…that rubber boot will not fit over the megan

SS or seal it in any way. The boot was covered in gear oil and it was all over the

place…The tranny took 2.7L of oil till it started coming out of the fill plug and that

was…well over a month ago…If i were to check the level im sure it would be low at

the moment.

Its 100% guaranteed caused by the megan ss. I had this EXACT same problem. I had everything assembled properly with the seals/gaskets, I even made my own and it would still leak. Throw your megan ss in the garbage and get yourself a B&M.

I agree…and the reason why i didnt have this issue before with the old tranny is

more than likley because i used ATF fluid which was a far thicker fluid than this

synthetic stuff im currently usuing. B&M is on the list after suspension and

spacers. Any one who comes out to west end meets during the spring run one i

could try out?

ive had a b&m shifter for about a year now… and the only complaint is that its a bit noisey get one and you won’t regret it the shifts are soild… and about half as long as the stock shifter… well worth the price… the noise you hear is just gear whine because of the solid mounting of the b&m , i got used to it.

later Jordan