megan ss

can someone who has installed a megan short shifter please tell me how the hell to do it. i followed for the most part the instructions for installed the pilot/obx shifter although there are a few parts not included in the megan kit. the thing is, i dont understand how the actual shifter itself is fastened so it cant just be pulled out at any time. all the things that are included have big enough holes in the middle for the ball to fit right through.

Is the megan a one piece of do u still have you use the origal plate? In other words is it one big metal plate or is just a small metal square?

naw its a bunch of pieces. thing doesn’t even come with screws. and you gotta reuse and cut shit from the old one. i finally figured out how it works after calling someone for help and it still doesn’t fit right. its still loose. so im gonna have to get some shims or washers or something in it to fix it. but atleast not im a pro at it so if anyone else has a problem just ask,.

learn how to install it…the ones that are done right with the proper bushing work amazing and dont have any play or grinding noises…

Eric come over I’ll install it for you it’s the same as the OBX.

Quite complicated but once in properly it works like butter.

as instructed i’ll be grabbing the oem shifter bushing and the 4 bolts to fit into the plate on monday. i’ll post with the part number and bolt info so those of us who bought this shifter know exactly what they need to get to make everything to work well.

or if anyone has this info already please post it up for the rest of us… :smiley:

hey can some one help me out too
i got the megan ss and i have no idea how to install it
i can’t even take off the old shift knob
i’ve tried turning it counter clock-wise but it wouldn’t budge
much help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

I don’t have a short shifter, but I can tell you to take off the stock shift nob, just turn it … it will probably be tight, but keep trying and it will come off.

if i could figure it out with no instructions and no mechanical background… all of you should be able to.

I want a ride in your car to see how the shifter is, I’ll see you tonight.

sounds good :slight_smile:

http://www.zilvia.net/installs/obxss/doc.asp

Here instructions with pics…I just bought an OBX SS, and I’m missing the bush socket, so my shifter keeps coming out. The dealer hasn’t been able to find another one either, so does anyone have an extra one or know of anyone getting rid of a tranny or something?

Thanks

ya i couldn’t believe you needed to cut the old one off and put it on the new one. thats cheap ass. plus it doesn’t sit right on mine. the ball on the megan is a little smaller so there is a bit of play. boo

yeah that’s weak…

it’s sloppier than the stock one…

Bushing $2.60 from dealer. Get it.

ah fuck sherway wanted 3.00$ fucking .40$ theives!

It’s not the bushing the Shifter came with the bushing it’s the upper collar
(white ring on the picture below) that does not come with the shifter so it
needs to be cut of the stock one and placed on the new shifter but the
new shifter ball is a bit smaller in dia. so it has some serious up and down
play in it. and there is no way to shim it.

what if i shim you? will that not improve the situation? At least to a degree larger than 1.37593 i would think…

So Adam does this mean the Megan racing is not as good as the OBX since
it has runtime issues which cannot be debugged by the use of shims?

does everyone agree the obx ss is better than the megan ss?
i have a megan ss and i haven’t install it yet but, I heard if you install it properly, it shouldn’t have any play at all. Does anyone have any input to add to the megan ss?