FS: Megan Racing Short Shifters

The megan racing shifters have been a highly anticipated item so i have ordered 5 more just to begin with. They are here in mississauga and can be had for 100 bucks in ure hand. For 2005 they have changed a little bit and the four bolts are now given in the package which saves a lil hassle.
pm me or call 416 910 5550 after 6pm to arrange pick up.
ttyl.

varun

Varun, I already own one, but I’ve heard you would be the best person to ask for help with installing it. I don’t mind paying you, or giving you pizza & beer. I’m in no big rush since I don’t even drive my car yet, but pm me if you’d be willing to help me out with this. (posting this instead of pm since others might have the same question)

any idea how these compare to bings group buy short shifters?

The B&M is supposed to be the best shifter, and the megan is supposed to be the best value for the money. From what I heard, if installed properly (and many people have botched the install), the megan is an amazing shifter.

The B&M is very very annoying… the grinding sounds really start getting to you after a while.

Megan is a very nice unit, i really like that it’s 1 piece as opposed to OBX that constantly comes lose.

Solarian, it’s a very easy install, if you don’t try it, you’ll never learn.

http://www.meganracing.com/uploadImage/regular/s13%20shifter.jpg
is this the short shifter? if it is, it looks very similar to the one in bing’s group buy, which shift_sr20det (jantos?) called shit.
http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?p=92710&highlight=#92710

the group buy is now closed, if you are looking for a shifter in the immediate future i would suggest going with the Megan one.

Varun has a pretty good record with that one i think

Jantos calls alot of things shit… doesn’t mean he’s right…

Look for someone who actually has the shifter as opposed to Jantos who has a B&M…

Shift_sr20det is adam. Don’t talk smack, he knows his shit. and wtf is jantos?

that shifter posted above looks very similiar to the obx one i have, except for the shift knob. the obx does come loose, but you can lock tight the 2 pieces together.

wither way, if u don’t have a short shifter, definetly get one. one of my favorite mods for the buck, the stock throw on a 240 is pretty horrible.

for $100, u can’t go wrong. i have no input on the megan shifter, but if its supposed to be better than the obx or just as good, BUY IT.

If the Megan is better then stock or OBX, then go for it.

Can’t go wrong for $100 and Megan is coming out with some decent shit
as of late.

I have a B&M. it grinds and makes noise, but who cares. I’m not gonna
bitch about the noise my shifter makes.

I personally love teh B&M. great over stock. I’d imageine the Megan is
too but I won’t konw until I feel it in someone’s car

B AND M 's are great but they dont have a good feed to the shift…
TOMEI has to be the best shifter by far…ive had them all, and tomei is king…
the obx is not half as good as the megan…the obx splits in the middle and the megan is a one piece shaft so no rattling and unscrewing into your hand. This shifter is the best bang for the buck hands down…

These shifters are the best bang for the buck, there is a little bit of vertical play. i’ve been using one for 6 months now and I’m %100 satisfied.

I can help you install it, it’s no big deal, check:
http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=7235 first make sure you have all the suggested parts, then let me know, i’m in thornhill.

DRE

Shift_sr20det is adam. Don’t talk smack, he knows his shit. and wtf is jantos?[/quote]

Jantos and Adam are the same person…

does that shift knob in the pic come off??? and is it included in the package? and there must be more hardware than what is shown in that pic.

u really can’t go wrong for $100, and any SS will be better than stock.

yes the knob in the pic come off easily…just the knob by itself…it doesnt split in the middle of the shifter…

Okay, gonna buy the parts first, they’re in the other megan SS thread, right? Thanks for offering to help, I’ll prolly take you up on it come spring time. Even if I end up doing it myself, I’d still rather have someone that knows what they’re doing with me just incase.

Does the SS fit a S14?

Around where can I meet you for pick up? Is all the hardware included and ready for install?

Ill try to call u but I might forget… ( dont ask…) my # 647 287 5908.

Thanks,
Nima

yes, it will fit any 240sx with a KA24, SR20 and probably the RB series too.

i think u should call him if u are really interested

nothing else is needed to install this shifter anymore…
megan has now started to supply the lil fasteners within the kit itself.
No need to buy anything…call me on the weekend for further details…
i will have more of these ready for pick up in mississauga next week…
take care
varun