short shifters

just wondering which short shift kits you guys think are better…the megan or the b&m…i seen that the megan is quite a bit cheaper than the b&m but which is better and which do you prefer???..

B&M, period.

Cheaper ones will work, but you never get the same feel. I had a B&M and loved it, I’ve talked to people who used cheaper ones, and I’ve tried a few. The feel is not nearly as nice and there’s some slop in the movement.

They’re worth the extra money.

i have heard that ppl have had problems installing the short shifters…if this is true why is there issues and what are they?

just getting it into place is a pain when the trans is installed… its no problem when trans is dropped. bolts in.

It is a pain if you do not have a new O.E shifter bushing from Nissan.

Buy one, it’s like 3 bucks. Worth every penny.

Oh…and B&M for sure. I have not had one in the S13 as of yet. Although I have in many domestics.

It’s a bit of a bitch tightening the front-most 2 screws, but other than that quite simple.

i’ve got a bings short shifter or something. Pretty nice. Can’t complain.

how did u guys go about installing it with the trans installed? basically getting at those two front bolts

B&M make good shifters man.
I’ve had them in the Max and the 240, and they’ve been way better than some cheaper shifters I’ve driven in friends cars.
Spend a few $$ and get yourself a good product.

Ratchet wrenches make life so much easier in installation. I got an AMS one as im a poor college student and not baller enough to pay double for the B&M. it works wonders and doesnt rattle or anything. Came WITH the a new O.E shifter bushing

its so easy to just drop the tranny a couple inches, that it makes no sense to do it while its completly bolted up.

Its literally, 4 17 mm bolts on the bottom. Ample room to use a breaker bar if needed. And then support the tranny weight a jack or something. So easy. like 5 minutes of work under car. Versus, 30 minutes of angling wrenches and ratchets to fit.

ive used meagan and b and m…b&m is by far the better of the 2

i got my from bing, dropped a oem shifter bushing on it and honestly i have 0 complaints, not sloppy not loud, just packer full of grease and your good to go. Never used the b&m, too much money for me

i do love a tight box…

I’m still undecided whether I want to spend SO MUCH for a simple short shifter. I don’t get what makes the B&M so much better.

Once the play is taken out of the stock shifter, wouldn’t the shift feel be determined by how shitty your transmission is? I think that having a good condition transmission would be more pleasurable than having a premium B&M short shifter, and grinding when trying to shift fast. lol

I have no experience with them, so I can only speculate. :frowning:

B&M is TOP notch… Im currently running a Bings tho and I love it plus Its customized to fit my RB20DET tranny which is super

Ha. I’m working on that now lol.

Changed the shifter fork for the shifter to a KA already. Just gotta drill and fill now.

And of course put the transmission in. An hour job or so. Just not in the mood to do it.

mine are the best…lol

Megan and CS and OBX and various others sell an older version of the one i sell… The ones i do are adjustable height and are the latest model.

proper install is key. pack it full of grease, make sure you have a good bushing… roll hard.

B&M + Bubble shifter. End of story

has anybody tried the nismo short shifter