any tranny doctors in the house?

Jumped in my truck this morning to goto work and had to turn around after 1/2 mile due to tranny slipping. It didn’t feel like normal slipping. tranny worked perfectly last time i drove except I did notice a little noise which sounded alittle like a diesel motor, it was very faint and only did it when it was cold and right before the shift. when it started to slip this morning I let up and it shifted to second like normal(hard/firm)I got back on it and slipped in second. Fluid looks clean and no burnt smell. ???

shawns auto is good. what kind of truck???

hodge trans

where? and it’s an 83 chevy

where? and I was hoping someone on here actually knows tranny’s well (works on them)and could tell me what may be wrong. I’m gonna drop the pan in a little while and see. I’m thinking it’s not pumping fluid.

clairton, and hes boostjunkie on here.

finally had a chance to drop my tranny out. I found metal chunks and shavings in the pan. after the tranny was out i inspected the flywheel and there was a crack that went around 5 of the 6 bolts. wow that must have been the tapping noise i heard on occasion. so I dropped the tranny off at the TRANSPLANT in Pleasant Unity to find out what the damage is.

john has done of mine :bowdown: