Transmission Blew Tonight ... :curse words:

[left]driving home tonight in my 1990 3.1L V6 AUTOMATIC OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME (International Model) from west seneca to east aurora, I stopped at the circle in town to let a car go by, then went to get on the gas and noticed that i wasnt moving and the rpm’s were going up. tried all the gears, nothing except for reverse. so a local cop just happened to be at tim hortons (how convenient lol) and heading my way. i explained to him my tranny gave and he blocked the road for me so i could get my car in reverse and down one of the side roads. so i’m led to believe that my transmission gave way. i need to get another complete transmission, correct? it’s not like a manual tranny where you swap the clutch, right? any help or advice is greatly appreciated. i need to figure out what i need to do to fix the car or find another car around here for a decent price.[/left]

weird u just lost gears all of the suden…usually it starts with slipping and such

well depending on what broke you could get it repaired.

humm reverse uses 1st and 3rd gear to work

how about check the fluid on it. very common for the line son those to break especially in inclement weather such as we’re having.

yeah that’s what I was thinking and hoping is wrong. I’m going to have it towed to my house sometime today and then check the fluid there.

I have a 1993 Cutlass Supreme SL 3.1V6 Auto, Very clean, yours for $175 if you come get it. Obviously it needs work, But a good runner with a good tranny. And spotless interior. LMK

does that thing have a auto trans ecu? also check all connectors going to the tranny could just be corroded beyond all hell

Take 01audis4 offer.

x2 and give him more becouse he da man.

Please, its just been taking up garage space here, It’s too clean to put outside. It needs an exhaust, brakes lines, gas lines, wheels and tires. I parked it needing to fix 1 brake line and it snow balled from there. I am 100% sure the Motor and tranny are good though.

X3

i would buy this if i had room.Maybe in the spring.for 175 its a steal

Let me know, if you are interested, I am looking to get rid of this asap.