Travel agent.

I’ve never used a travel agent before and feel it might be a better option for booking a vacation instead of negotiating on my own. Looking for recommendations based on personal experience preferably. Any help would be appreciated.

Sunnyside Travel
6285 Sunnyside Drive
Hamburg New York 14075-5332
P 716-648-9519 F 716-648-7487

Ask for Betsy…she is awesome…hooked me and the wife up big time on our honeymoon

my aunt and uncle have been using her for years for their vactions…always top notch

Liberty Travel on Sheridan and Alberta. Only travel agency I have ever used.

so can i really get a better deal with an agent? i wanna go on vacation in a few weeks. honestly i am open to suggestions so pretty much anywhere that is a good deal im down with. but would i get e better deal then doing it myself?

my agent saved me almost a grand on our honeymoon from the exact same cruise we were looking at on hotwire

I always go to AAA.

if you go to a travel agent, is there any obligation? or can you just call a bunch of different places and get prices? AAA wasnt giving me any good deals when i went a couple years ago. like nothing at all. and they were pushing disney like crazy…yeh i was like 26, i dont care about disney.

Thanks for the responses. I’m also curious in the answer to this ^^^. Am I obligated to anything by going to a travel agent and seeing what they have to offer? I’m not really big on paperwork or signing something obligatory before I hear what can be done for me.

nope no obligation…mine gave us all the info on the things we wanted on our honeymoon…gave us choices and let us decide…no paperwork other than the brochures we got

We are using a lady my fiance works with to get our honeymoon set up. She has been a travel agent for years and still does it part time. She knows lots of tricks to get you the most for your money. Send me a PM if you want her info.

Where are you going? We always get awesome deals for all-inclusives in the caribbean through Glenny Travel…they have US and Fort Erie offices and are HUGE

Journeys Unlimited Travel
47 Buffalo Street
Hamburg, NY 14075
(716)-648-3505

Ask for Debbie. They have a great business and theyve been around for 25 years.
Great deals and amazing customer service. whenever i get stuck i can call and she gets me where i need to go. :tup:

I’m going here. I talked to an in house rep and got the price dropped 1k from the website quote and she tossed in transfers to and from the airport. Online websites were the same price or a bit more than the website quite which seemed weird to me.

BUMP! I’m now looking for some help with booking my honeymoon and travel accommodations for it. Anyone have any other suggestions or want to put their .02 in on the above listed agencies? Oh and nappy you have a PM. Thanks!

Depends. If it’s just a jaunt down to the caribean or something call around, check orbitz, etc. If it’s like over $5k and you’ve got a specific place in mind, start reading on the trip advisor boards. There will likely be one agency that everyone finds the best rates through. When I went here for my honeymoon I ended up booking through some “South Seas Adventures” or something like that. Based out of Colorado. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re planning to stay here: http://www.konavillage.com/ However, I already booked a reservation online and put down the deposit. Probably a mistake on my part, since it would be nice to negotiate on the price and I’m not sure if that’s possible anymore. However, if I could still save some on the travel expenses by going through an agent, it would be worth it.

I got a excellent deal on our honeymoon, 2 week: one week in oahu,HI and another week in Maui,HI for $4500. On all the travel site it ranged from $6000-9000 for the same options.

That included everything from all the flights to car rental to condo. Excellent deal in my eyes.
We went with soem travel agency on transit in depew.

For just regular hotel stays, if you read some of the priceline forums you can do very well with bidding strategies.

I stayed at a Westin in Fort Lauderdale last week for $31 per night… I have story after story of getting really good deals on priceline.