Travel question...

I know it has been asked, but I need to get to El Paso, Tx in late december/early Jan.

Does anyone have any reccomendations as to where to look for a cheap flight? So far all I have been able to find is ~$300 each way.

Also, Amtrak is $300 round trip, so thats a possibility too. Does anyone have any experience traveling on Amtrak? Their site says its a 52hr trip, which seems like it would kinda suck, but I can deal with it… Being 6’4", would i be comfortable on a train? I know im usually really cramped on a plane…

Thanks…

52 hours? so you’d spend 5+ DAYS on a train… f-that…

See what the Rochester or Toronto flights are as well. Also, are u booking one-ways or round trips?

Also, do you have to fly into El-Paso, or can you fly to another close airport?

Id have to fly into el paso

Ill look into toronto and rochester flights…

Tx

Realistically…these days with airport security checks and all the fucking delays…you may be better off getting a train. Get yourself a compartment where you can sleep…not sure what the prices are…I fly often for work and just two weeks ago it took me 12 hours to get from Houston to Buffalo…I also missed my connecting flight so I was stuck in Atlanta until the next morning. How many hours by train?

I don’t care if you’re 12 feet tall, you’ll be more comfortable spending 10 hours flying than 52 fucking hours traveling by train. Unless you’re just in it for the trip, in which case the train could be fun. But if you are just looking at it as an alternative to flying, well, I bet if your time is worth anything at all it makes no sense to take a train.

Check sidestep.com, orbitz.com, expedia.com, southwest.com, jetblue.com.

Im in it for the trip…

Maybe train down, fly back?

trains SUCK SO BAD>

Pay the extra money and fly. Just book now. even worth taking a flight to a near by city and driving if you can than take the train.

That is just me personally. I have taken it to NYC a few times this summer last minute and it sucks. That is only a 8 hour trip too from Buffalo whereas you will be spending days on the train to Texas.

Check out flying into airports in the vicinity of el paso and then renting a car to get to your destination. When you fly to a smaller airport its generally going to get more expensive.

yeah, Amtrak is no good. My friend regularly takes Amtrak from school in Erie back to Buffalo, and it always ends up being like a 6 hour ordeal but for $7 you cant beat it lol. but i have heard they are always late and have a lot of delays.

I never traveled by train here in the states but have done it extensivley in Europe. Their trains rock!!!

i have found personally that flights get the cheapest right about 2 months before you want to go.

www.southwest.com
and seriously fly into DFW or DAL and rent a car and drive there