Truck Detail

damn… i hate waxing things this big…

brand new, cousin got it last week and wanted me to detail it on friday cuz he went up to camp and hauled a bunch of dirt and wood up. bugs were EVERYWHERE on the front end…

turned out pretty good. these new silverado’s ride like a dream :bigthumb:

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Davetruckdetail1.JPG
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Davetruckdetail2.JPG
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Davetruckdetail3.JPG

after buffing that thing your forearms must be huge!

nice truck

that new body style hasn’t grown on me yet. The older style still looks much better.

but, nice wax job.

Nice truck…good job on the wax/detail job

nice CHEVY!

new avalanche> *

new sub>*

i was in pain… i even waxed the roof…

x2 but the new style IS starting to grow on me

Too bad the new chevys are fugly. The front end is the worst. The grille is wider than most cars, the headlights are too small, and why can’t the moron designers at GM put the OnStar antenna in the middle of the roof (actually in the back of the roof would be better), or actually come up with something cleaner looking as an antenna.

I would imagine it is a nice truck to drive, but look at the other trucks out there. They are all so much better looking. I wouldn’t even think of buying a Chevy over a Ford Super Duty or a Dodge, especially after my last GM vehicle. Actually, I’m not really a Dodge fan, but they are the best looking new truck you can buy. I love the Super Duty trucks up to 2007. The 2008 needs to grow on me still. The F150s are even better looking than the Silverado.

Just my opinion & I hope your cousin has good luck with his Silverado. I sold my K1500 ext cab when it had 192,000 miles. Last I heard it has 220,000 miles on it.

^^^because offset attachments on your roof are pimp?

So u waxed a Brand new truck? Good job…

Don’t like the new style. Looks like a damn tank. Or Hummer pickup. Ew. You did a great job on it though.

Waxing a brand new car: Absolutely necessary. A matter of fact, if I bought a brand new car, I would buff the whole thing out with a medium grade compund, polish it, and throw multiple coats of wax on it. Dealership detailers fuckin suck.

Um ya…:hsugh: You are NOT supposed to buff out a new car what so ever with a high speed buffer for atleast a month or three after it has been weathered. As far as multiple coats of wax, only one is working so it is pointless, silly noob…

Sorry, not the “noob” here when it comes to detailing.

A. The paint has cured enough by the time that it is built, transported, delivered, and sitting on the lot for however long it is there. The three month rule is kind of overplayed. Yes, the paint and clear need to cure, but unless you are picking up the vehicle within 2 weeks of it having been painted, there won’t be a problem.
B. As far as multiple coats of wax go, you are partially correct. With synthetic waxes, each coat you apply basically removes the previous, thus, doing the same work as one coat. However, with natural waxes, like genuine carnauba, you can layer. Legit carnauba waxes can be put on coat after coat, and each coat will build on the previous.

I don’t know where you are getting this info but the person u got it off of should be shot… KTHNXBYE

It’s okay, I know sometimes people get a little upset when they find out they are wrong.

Hm, a person who had done body work and detailed for 9 years and ran a detialing biz as well as started one up is wrong? Ok man, u know it all and i have no clue…