Tunning

who’s the best tuner in ontario? for hondas? subarus? nissans? toyotas?

I would say Paul @ Splitfire for Honda’s…I’ve seen lots of his work and he deffinately knows his stuff…Don’t get me wrong ,he can go overboard but only if you let him…

As for Volkswagons… Jimmy & Ryan…Built my friends Mk4 golf and it is very impressive to say the least, seem like really nice guys from what I can tell too…

for my personal opinion is Nick from teknotik he did an incredible job with my old honda. crazy fast car awsome tuning. hes gonna do my nissan once i drop the motor in in the summer.

Yoshio from Japanese Automotive for Toyota’s FTW!!

He came straight from tuning in Japan.

wait is that the guy from teknotik on mid west??? if so my shop is around there and i think i seen him before. my work place is called “All Tech Auto” alot of teknotik ppl come for alignments :cool:

altech? better not be

All Tech not altech hahaha…

We can do tuning as well at our shop… my mechanic has over 10 years in tuning, swaps, and mechanical repairs. He specializes in Nissan and Toyota.

something random but yeah imah 2nd year automotive service technician apprentice and what not but i would love to learn how to tune or atleast be around people that tune for a living. i was wondering if there is anyone on here that would/could teach me the basics.

i know the internet does wonders but i would actually like to learn from someone other than spending my life searching on the internet.

anyone have any ideas???

tuning apprenticeship maybe? go down the states and work with some well-reputed tuners. I believe there’s even a tuning school somewhere in Panama or somewhere in South America. I can’t recall…

Yeah they advertise a tuning school thats in the U.S in all the latest pasmag issues but i want someone here in ontario or other provinces i dont want to travel to the U.S if there are people here that can teach.

maybe i should ask sento-san…

will cost you money tho to learn… dont think anyone will do it for free. at least i dont think so

well it would be good if i can find a shop to work at that tunes. i mean im not a complete noob when it comes to working on cars. if someone could let me hang around their shop on the weekends to gain more knowledge that would be wicked but if it costs to learn then hey im willing. lol come on we already pay for school dont we :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always heard good things about Neetronics in Mississauga (at least for tuning Hondas), but someone one mentioned they got really bombed over by them once, so I don’t know. I have no idea if they tune Nissans at all, either.

I wonder if there’s a good reputable Nissan specific tuner in toronto at all… Toronto has a big market for cars, but seems that all the good tuners are just in the states… I mean rx7club.com has Steve Kan come up here for tuning once a year, my350z.com just had AAM’s tuner Mike to come up to toronto to tune some Z/G’s as well. But never have I heard of anyone locally to tune Nissans or Mazdas around here…

I’m thinking of taking up tuning myself with a laptop and Emanage and **** around with variables…

then end up with a blown engine :frowning:

P.S. WHOOHOO! 200th post…

what did they do to that person???

David: you ultra whore stop posting where ever i post cheater… :mad:

I can’t remember off the top of my head. I think it’s something I either heard over on ephatch.com (Civic SiR site) or at one of their toronto meets last summer, someone may have mentioned it. Again, this is purely anecdotal. Like I said, otherwise I’ve only heard good things about them.

Oh, and Zep… it’s spelled “Tuning” :wink:

i’ve heard good things about neetronics too. But i haven’t heard much about them haha. I think they have some 400hp STi around there, belongs to some guy who’s dad runs the only chinese dim sim in brampton haha.

I need my Max dyno tuned with the SAFC II. Where would be the best place to go? I think I’m running lean as a mofo (but gas does smell nice :D)

If you’re running lean, it shouldn’t be gas that your smelling. With that smell, you’re more likely running rich (unburnt fuel).