Turbo Break-in ??

Anyone know the Break-in process on a turbo? I have looked all over the net and asked many people, but nobody has the same answer. I have seen 200mi. break-in, 500mi break-in, and some people say no break-in at all, ect.
I Should have my new turbo’s installed about a week or two, want to make sure I break them in right, I never want to hear my turbos blow again.

you blew your old stockers?..

what are you replacing them with?

probably k04-15s

k03s blow like it’s their job.

I dont know, I broke mine in while I was breaking my motor in…I would imagine to go light on it for a bit to make sure they are boosting properly and no oil/coolant leaks pop up. Then slowly increase the load and make sure everything seats properly with the gaskets etc.

Warranty work

there is no break in on a turbo. but i would still drive it gingerly for my own peace of mind. reasons being that the heat the turbo sees will cause things to expand (bearings and seals etc) and after a few heat cycles those puppies are done.

so i say drive a day a couple places, and then after a few cycles let that fucker rip.

btw i put my k04’s in and drive to boston right after starting it up. you bet your ass i was hitting full boost as soon as oil came to temp. k04’s are fun, i almost miss them

joe

when i put my new turbos on i just kept the boost down but i was also breaking in a new clutch. like others said put a few easy miles on than if no problems…enjoy

Change your oil frequently and let the car cool down properly if you have been beating on it if you want to extend the life of your turbos.

yep, especially with kkk turbos. journal bearings are much more sensitive to oil weight and contamination.

there is no break in period for turbos, all that turbos do is spin exhaust gasses back in the motaR. Go full boost bioootch!