Turbo GN Motor...in a Vette

at first i’m like wtf are they thinking…but it’s not half bad

a while back i post pics from the GS nationals of all the Gn powered cars i saw.

96 impala ss
53 vette
cobra kit car
s10 blazer
caddy cts

wow, watch the suspension fight the power he’s putting down.

cough cough one in a GTP as well that turned low 10’s high 9’s with no motor bolt ons:stick:

cobra kit car would be fuckin awesome. 500 reliable hp in a light ass engine. that car would be unstopable. they make manuals that bolt up to the power??? that car would be f’n incredible.

Shouldn’t you be at work?

wrong wheel drive, no care… true story, ask canut. no bolts ons? how? they were 14 sec cars in stock form in an aprx 3600 lb g-body, a GTP isn;t THAT much lighter so how would it gain 4-5 secs? unless you meant no “internal” motor work.

the guy that owns the cobra is the owner of casper’s electronics.

Your a fucking idiot, google it assphat

can you post without insulting me? i can can google it but i also don’t believe everything thats on the web. i think i know a lil more about turbo buicks than you. based soley on what you described its not possible. a stock GN motor in a stock weight GTP isn’t goin 10’s or 9’s.
you would have to put bolt ons (turbo, ic, injectors,etc) to produce those times. its possible with stock internals and those bolt ons to crack the high 10’s but even to get a GTP in the low 10’s you would need to beef up internals on a Lc2. I’m sayin… the only way to do what you described, the GTP would have to weight like 2000lbs or less.

all i found was a video on youtube of a 9 sec gtp with a turbo’ed 3.8… thats not a GN motor. sure the 3.8 is a buick block buts its not the same as an 87 GN.

Well…i think i’ll go with the GN guy on this one

Im tellin you there is one, it is red and it was for sale for 10g’s when i saw it three years ago man, i knwo of the intense TGP and thats nto it.

well maybe there was one with a GN motor but i mean u know enough about cars to see the point i’m tryin to make… 245hp is the advertized stock HP in GN. most Turbo buick experts will say its more like 275hp… 275hp in a gtp isn’t even crackin 13’s. lets assume you meant no internal mods instead of “no motor bolt ons” you would need a large turbo, t-60 and up with all the supporting mods (computer, injectors, beefed up trans, axles, fuel pump, wastegate, exhaust, IC) the car itself would need to be on a serious diet to touch the middle 10’s.im sure et10sec can tell u it takes a lot of the right combination of stuff to get a GN into the 10’s. once you get into the 10’s the stock block is gonna go poof real fast unless you have modded it. I would say guys dipping into the times you mention aren;t even running “109” blocks but are running stage 2 blocks.

u would be surprised there are plenty of 109 blocks goin 9’s now! dont take much to go 10’s with full interior n such u just need the cash!! jason went 11.01 with just bolt on’s? u know it can be done!! and the gtp with gn engine does exsist saw it on clubgp!..but that vette in insane later…

The stock apperaing '53 Corvette with the GN motor would be awesome…can you get M/T ET Streets with whitewalls??? :cool:

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6888&d=1200511231

Are you talking about the GTP that was converted to RWD by Lawrence Conley? I know he did one, but I thought it had a stage motor in it.

all you Buick guys think you know everything

j/k
its fun to stir up shit

damn, that thing really hooked!

doesnt take much? your lookin at $5000 in bolt ons, tranny work, tires etc…and thats if you know what ur doin. yeah there are 109 blocks in the 9’s but not without work done to them.

the question wasnt that it could be done, we all know that… read the first comment. “one in a GTP as well that turned low 10’s high 9’s with no motor bolt ons

Don’t know but it had slips and no bolt ons, you seriously don’t know everything like you think bob, your pretty cocky:kekegay:

well he sprinkled fairy dust on it then. how are you gonna gonna 9’s in a 3300 lb car with a 275hp motor? that would barely be 9’s in the 1/8th mile let alone a 1/4. cocky? it ain’t braggin if you back it up. i’m not the g-body king for no reason. i learned a lil from everyone in the game, boostjunkie, canut…etc.