Turbo S2000 rebuild

awesome project. :tup:

Thanks guys! We tore the rest of the motor down last night and I will post some pictures later. It turns out that it spun a rod bearing on piston #3, crank actually looks to be in really good shape as do the cylinder walls, but im going to take everything to a machine shop today and get it all checked out and the head decked.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

The wheels are 17x9 and the offset is +22 i think. I am looking to sell them without the tires and looking for around $500

Ok I guess i was wrong…one of the cylinder walls has a nice deep scratch in it. Shitty. I dropped everything off at the machine shop today and hope to get everything back early next week, still have to order a clutch and some new oversized pistons. It kind of sucks because Honda used fiber reinforced cylinder walls in the S2000 so with almost all the aftermarket pistons you have to sleeve the block. I will end up using one of the very few companies (inline pro or Mahle) to get my pistons because funds really dont allow for me to sleeve the block at the moment. Here are a few pictures of the carnage and the mess I have made in my buddies garage. Thanks again Brenton for letting me use your garage and helping!

This is the rod bearings for piston #3

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/oneslowdsm1/photo1-4.jpg

Nice deep scratches in cylinder #4

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/oneslowdsm1/photo3-4.jpg
Just a quick picture while on the stand, such a tiny motor!
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/oneslowdsm1/photo1-5.jpg
Thank god Brenton has a big garage…parts everywhere
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/oneslowdsm1/photo3-5.jpg

:tup: this thing is going to be amazing when its done. An s2000 will def be my next car after my type s, I wanted to snag your other one off you man but i got my rsx for 2500$ less than that so it left me with no car payment lol.

Lol thats understandable! I will say though, this is car number 14 and I have owned everything from a Jeep Wrangler to a BMW M3 to a Cobalt SS and the S2000 is hands down one of the most amazing/fun cars i have driven. I put snow tires on it this past winter and when we actually did have some snow it was a beast. And insurance is very cheap too. In my driving career I have never owned a car for longer then 6 months but my previous s2k I owned for almost a year and I plan on keeping this for quite some time. Im pretty biased because I have always been a Honda fan boii but I really think the s2k’s are one of the better designed and built cars to date.

I’ll trade you front left fenders lol =/

Lol I am putting my coilovers on tomorrow while I wait for everything at the machine shop sooooo…give it a few weeks of driving and i will do the same thing again ha. This car doesnt have the spoiler and front lip like yours and i need to change that asap. It really changes the look of the car. Actually i’m ordering a lip right now lol.

Im really excited to put this back together.As soon as its back from the machine shop with the parts were going to install it ASAP

let me know when you get the front lip for the car. Maybe we can go in and save cost on paint and labor with someone that will work with us. Both cars are silverstone and I’m looking to get a front lip.

The lip should be here in a few days. I need to get my front bumper painted also. I have a painter i need to contact, from what i heard his prices are amazing and his work is even better. I will shoot you a pm when everything is in.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Im pretty sure you have been more excited throughout this whole thing then i have been! we need to order some parts tonight if possible!

i totally hear ya man my rsx is number 16 for me haha. Its hard not getting bored with cars

I didnt get one but would like to. found the flexible oem ones for about $60 shipped I’d like to repaint a few things as well, but that would be ok for now. Front bumper in the long run would be nice. See what he says for pricing. I was going to just purchase paint and do it myself… but I need some garage to spray it.

frp cylinders? weird!

Yea the fiber reinforced cylinders really suck when it comes to building this motor because im so limited on piston selection and sleeving a motor is a bit more then i want to spend at the moment.

:tup:

+1

If someone had told me this, I would have said they made it up.

Fwiw I would spend the money and get a sleeved shortblock. Budget and turbo build don’t go well together. I had a laskey block in my s2k ran like a champ no issues. Good luck with the build nothing better than boost with the top down.

Ordered a new clutch and a innovate wideband, really itching to drive this thing and its only been a few days of working on it!

Was so disappointed to see this thing die, but was soooooo looing forward to getting to bring it back to life.

This car will be fucking awesome when its done

edit: would like to see the front fenders involved in the respray of the bumper, as IIRC the bumper didnt match for shit to begin with, and i know theres a dent on the pass fender … as long as your doing the bumper, adding a pair of fenders wont cost much more considering they are off the car anyways …