"you went from a BMW to a what!!... Saxon's S2000 build thread"

well ive been a diehard Honda guy for the past ten years (as most of you have seen) and the past three years i went away from them towards “better” cars… after having nothing but reliability problems with my latest bmw i decided to ditch it and pick up an s2000 :slight_smile:

06 New Formula Red

so far the only mods are k-sport coilovers that were on the car and it looks like the fenders were “rolled”

plans are to clean the body up, a nice set of wheels and just enjoy it with the top down this summer

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8229/8531769463_37827bf707.jpg
Untitled by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

bye bye bmw

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7080/6980850970_8b2a41aa21.jpg
Untitled by
saxonbrian2, on Flickr

and my daily

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8237/8438188047_6a4fa4bab3.jpg
IMG_0027 by saxonbrian2, on Flickr

Good stuff :tup:

I always wanted a S2K hopefully soon.

Smartest move on earth.

i have such a soft spot for st00ks

:tup:

spelling like that makes me want to open the soft spot in my skull with a live round.

Mmmmmmmm

Solid pick up!

i thought thats how the internet kids spelled it

?

thanks everyone, just having a honda/acura/toyota line up i am so stress free compared to the bmw, last friday i was cruising on the highway and got a combination of fuel related codes which was the last straw, searched everywhere within 200 miles and picked this up saturday from Jersey

It’s quite possible.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

So happy someone else has realized this. Almost want to start a support group.

I can support this!

A s2000 is one of the few Hondas I would buy, and the only roadster I would ever buy. But i would put a hard top on it immoderately

Quattro Krant is going to love this, I cant wait to hear the praise and bmw hate he will spew in this one…

BTW what kinda issue were you having with the 335?

misfire over 6000 rpm, that i tried everything to fix!
fueling issue last friday and with my aftermarket warranty they would only pay the first $60 in diagnostics so i was sick of thousands in diagnostic fees without an answer

i will say the car was the perfect daily driver in theory, and i will miss the power, ride quality and the features… just not the problems, lack of lsd and horribly expensive parts

should have bought an M roadster. :confused:

Yup I would definitely put a hardtop on it immoderately. yup.

Car looks clean! Few things in life are better than driving a convertible. In for topless drives this summer.

LIKE.

And there’s another topless activity I could think of that’s better than driving a convertible.

Swimming!

Yup, typing and driving fail yup. Haha

Showering with my swim trunks on!

Im sending my parts to be powder coated tomorrow, better act fast if you want that intake brian :slight_smile:

the mods i enjoyed the most and wish i didn’t go past that point are:

intake
upgrading the speakers and headunit because they’re a pile of shit
coilovers
good tires
test pipe + stock exhaust

found out it has a k&n filter on it, so im just going to do the airbox mod and call it a day

was thinking about a test pipe as i want to keep it quiet but maybe a tad louder… what are your thoughts