Too soon, junior!!! The tale of an S2000...

This promises to be one of the most boring, OCD filled build threads on Shift, you’ve been warned lol.

On May 31st I purchased this S2000. Its a 2001, 41K miles, 1 owner, Silverstone Metallic paint with black leather. Overall the car is in good shape, just a few minor details I want to address before I get into fucking with the car.

The front bumper has some minor curb rash, I am contemplating having the bumper resprayed or replacing it down the road with a Power House Amuse R1 bumper: http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/catalog-detail.php?ID=1757 Or buying an OEM front lip or some other variant.

I am still undecided on wheels, but I am leaning towards a set of 17" bronze Volk CE28N’s. Other mods I plan on doing at some point are coilovers, intake, exhaust, maybe a hardtop, and possibly some other small items. It will stay naturally aspirated, I’ve never been a big fan of forced induction on any Honda Ive owned. I guess I’m just weird and boring haha. I plan to have Dave (big_red) buff the car at some point as well to really bring out the paint.

Curb rash can be seen on the lower edge of the bumper

The rear bumper on the passenger side had a slight gap which I found that it was caused by two broken clips in the bumper. I glue/epoxied the clips back together so it fits much better now. There were also about 10 years worth of rocks, sand, and gravel behind the bumper. Instant weight savings!

Repaired bumper clips

nice!

Car is gorgeous

I miss my S2000.

Looks like you got a nice little whip.

Bastard. I will trade you for one preloved em1

keep it stock for a while, looks so good!

Looks awesome Jim!

Looks like a Miata

Can’t go wrong with a clean Silverstone AP1. nice pickup

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Firebird-Camaro-SS-LS1-Engine-T56-6-Speed-50K-LS2-NR-/310321803068?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item48409eef3c

Absolutely perfect purchase coming from your history of cars. :number1

Once you go roadster…

Just an intake and a mild drop, and its badass. Bronze wheels will look nice on that I think, what were the bronze wheels you had on the Subaru?

That fools running a Honda 2000. lol

Very nice indeed!

nice jim… shoot my car!

S2000 = New CRX?

Not really, or even a little bit

Awesome buy- looks well taken care of.

nice jim

Noooooooooooo!!! :lol

I probably will at least until next spring. That will give me enough time to think about what I want to do anyway.

Maybe it is :ninja

Oh, is that for your 5.0? If this thing had 150K on it I would contemplate an LS swap, but fuck that shit.

I actually still have the SE37K’s from my STI, I’ve been looking at wheels quite a bit and I don’t know how I feel about an 18" on the S2K. It almost looks too big. A few peeps are running 17X9.5 +35 CE28N at all four corners but it requires more cutting, relocating, pulling, and rolling than I am interested in. It looks great, but I dont know yet.

The bronze looks great on the Silverstone:

This is what 17X9.5 +35 looks like. I asked the owner of this car what he had to do to fit the wheels and he said cut, roll, and pull fenders and relocate the rear bumper mounting tab as well as around 3* of camber. Not sure how I feel about doing that…

We could at some point! :lol

Second best (affordable) Honda ever made :ninja

Blah. Everyone is getting an s2k. I miss mine, but I’m also glad I don’t have it anymore. Nice clean pickup tho. Congrats and have fun