turbos drawing from interior of car

Oh, nobody actually answered this.

You’d be lucky to pull a 1 psi vacuum I’d bet, which won’t hurt you other than possibly fucking with your ears a little bit if you have a cold and your eustachean tubes aren’t open so you can’t equalize. But it’d cost you power since you’re restricting flow.

So no you cannot cool you intake charge via the car’s AC. Some jackass did this with a Maxima a few years back IIRC and got e-mocked for a while.

You’re talking about something different…

He’s not talking about routing his intake into the cabin?

i bet it would be really loud

what if you put the intake by a vent and turned the A/C on. Would that be an interior cold air intake.

It will create a full vacuum inside the car and the weight and pressure of the atmosphere will crush your car like a tin can.

He is

but not

“So no you cannot cool you intake charge via the car’s AC. Some jackass did this with a Maxima a few years back IIRC and got e-mocked for a while.”

so it would only ever pull a 1psi vacuum? something is missing here. what if you put a closed off intake tube over the turbo inlet? (same principle, less volume)

Ah. Well then what’s he getting at?

Shit has to be sealed off really well to pull much of a vacuum. Nature abhors a vacuum like I abhor fat chicks.

I think hes just trying to find a back-up excuse for when his sho camaro fails

“omg dude, my car only made 200horespowas because i left teh moonroof open and because my turbos are sucking air from inside my car, they sucked in da rain and my filter got all wet and shit. But i pull litre bikes by buses i swears dawg”

wait, sho camaro? i thought that was a joke

sorry but I never claimed to keep up with a liter bike nice try though.

Not necessarily if the column of air being induced is larger than the overall volume of the cabin and it continues to pull through the vents in the car. That would be same principle as a piston drawing air into a cylinder or a syringe etc.

The only real issue I would see with this is that it would be really really loud. Turbos are like mini jet engines when spooled and you would probably damage your hearing.

forget about sucking all the air out of the cabin.
did you every hear a turbo spool? its loud.
have you ever smelled an engine bay? get ready for an interior smell
have you ever blown a turbo?ya

this is a stupid idea

I do not see how a turbo could pull a vacuum.
It might get some vacuum, but it would hit a point where it can no longer increase the vacuum. Also, I don’t think it would be very easy to make 500 hp with a TC inlet connected at sub atmospheric pressure.

I think the car would not run very long. You will only be able to supply enough air to the engine as leaks in. If you sealed up the car perfectly, you would stall out.

But, if you do manage to pull a really good vacuum, you can boil your raymen noodles
in a bowl of water.

a better question would be who gives a shit

As long as you hook up a gas powered leaf blower in your car you should be fine. You might get sleepy but…

You would be better off running the exhaust into the cabin, then using your lungs to filter out the toxins so that your car will be “green”… (or whatever colors you dream about just before you die)