turbos

i have a race demon carb that you can tune every aspect of the carb down to changable boosters. i have been messing around with these carbs awile now and i am fairly good at it. i also am using innovates wideband o2 sensor so i assume i could tune a blow through pretty decent. gearhead do you see any possable problems with this that im not aware of

As long as you know how to setup the carb for boost, then I dont see any problems. Unless im having a retarded moment, two turbos means gate pressure x2.

you would need 2 wastegates to work correctly it should hold 4psi

yah i was planning on using two

The ebay and master whatever T70’s are 60mm inducers, thats why they’re so cheap.

You’re going to want to run something with a .80 or larger A/R on a motor like that.

I run a .69A/R “P” trim 70 with a .75A/R cold side. I wish I would have gotten the Q wheel even tho it’s bigger it’s lighter.

even though you have 2 turbos making 4 psi, that dont mean your making 8 total. you are still making 4 lbs of boost… i think i caught that vibe in one of the posts above as i was rereading it.

same psi almost 2x cfm (in a perfect world)

they t70tsi do you know who makes a turbo like that for a reasonable price, does master power make one

those ebay turbos are not master power they are xs power which are chinese,those are the ones which are 60mm. i have done a lot of searches on master power and all the people who have them dont have problems. the turbo i was looking at has a turbine wheel exducer 64.26mm, major 73.91mm, compressor wheel exducer 69.09mm, major 90.93mm, turbine housing a/r .68 with a t4 inlet, compressor housing a/r .70 with a 4 inch inlet. do you think this is a big enough turbo. i think it is a good price at $590

I like the .75 A/R cold side myself. Mine is from PTE it’s quality shit but costs 1300

I’d say go with the master power’s. If anything, you can change housings or wheels later on to dial it in more if you want.

I maybe a little late with a rsponse about blow through carbs, but I would like to throw in my 2 cents, though they maybe worth les than that. Blow through set ups work amazing, When ATI built their own car for shows and races they built a blow thru carb set up. They pushed 27 psi thru 2 holleys and made around 1600hp. And Kevin from KMP performance just finished Terzich’s new set up. It’s a big ATI procharger on a BBC blowin’ thru a CSU Dominator. It made 1486hp to the GROUND !!! Made almost 1400 with a pump gas tune up. They would have made more, but did not have another pulley for more boost. And My personal new project is a 433bbc with the 101mm Turbo. Hoping to make 1800hp with it. So, I say build what you want, its your money and your ride. Although Cabby is right, Nitrous is so much easier.

thanks for your input 57chevy.i dont want nitrous it is too common. i have read that blow through carbs have a intercooling effect when the fuel atomizes which is another reason i want to go that route

correct to an extent on that. will still need an intercooler, but you really wont have to pull out alot of timing. the engine kevin built that chad spoke of was still running 36 degrees timing w/o any boost retard, but was still air-water intercooled. said intake temps were 53 degrees. thats pretty damn good. downside was alot of ice was used–almost an unpractical amount for street use. but hell, on low boost the car was still over a grand, i wouldnt bitch.

:eek3:

wow thats a hell of a lot of advance for a turbo car

Sailor was correct about the intake temp and amount of ice. They used a bag of ice for each pull ! ! ! But they were running 23 psi of boost. If you are only looking to make 4 or 5 psi you won’t need an intercooler. On a carb set up, you can run upwards of 10 to 12 psi before you need one usually. Where on an efi you start needing on around 8 psi. So yeah, the carb does act as a cooler a little. But even if you do decide to run an intercooler, you will only need an air to air.

PSI is just a number, you can’t tell someone “oh yeah, you’ll be good for 4 psi” when 4psi on one turbo is a lot hotter than 4psi on another.

what, 15lbs on a ko3 isnt the same as 15lbs on a gt42 :slight_smile:

42s are so 1999