turbos

does anybody know where to get a pair of t70 turbos for a fair price locally

Hybridynamics may be able to help you out with that one. Give them a call!

How much you lookin to spend? I have a precision 101mm turbo with a water to air intercooler I was starting to think about selling. Both are BRAND NEW, never even used for mock up.

A true T70 has a couple different housing and wheel options. Figure out exactly what you want to narrow it down. I can get my hands on a lot of turbo stuff.

that 101mm is too big for my setup.i was planning on two t70s with an air to air intercooler

im not sure yet. at least a .68 turbine a/r. I havent made the headers yet any flange will work. this will be my first turbo setup so if you have any ideas let me know. also can you give me some prices on some different t70 you can get

i can vouch for this turbo and h20 to air intercoooler. i seen them in person. bad ass shit.

Is your girlfriend going to pay for it?

I plan on building a sbc Single turbo motor in my lifetime
1 Big one is better then 2 small ones… it will simplify the setup

What is your HP goal?

Well you’ll be forced to use a T4 exhaust flange, so plan on that. As far as t70’s go, obviously its a 70mm inducer (compressor wheel). The back end is where you get to play around.

Tangential or Oncenter housings, O P or Q trim options, and A/R’s including .50, .58, .69, .70, .81, .84, .96, 1.00, etc.

Q trim is more, ball-bearing is more… I’d have to call for prices.

I kinda dissagree with this. I have a sbc i am eyeballing for my 81 corolla drag car and want to do twins. The manifolds will be easier to make, the power will be easier to make, the spool time will be more street friendly and easier to tune (no gigantic spike in power at higher, more scarey rpm).

hey, 1 bigger might be better than 2 smaller, but 2 bigger are better than 1 bigger!!!

twins is fine for a street car. but when u really wanna run numbers, 1 is where it is at.

1 turbo is better …there problems that can occur
…I found out the hard way if you keep it simple things work out for the better.

you think it would be harder to tune? I dont

Tell me your 2 turbo wohs joey…

I always have street car in the back of my mind, so if there is a way to make more efficient power that doesn’t melt tires at 80mph, then i’ll try… but what fun would that be though :smiley:

im looking for something that wont spool to early i already have traction issues. and i a doing 2 defentily just dont know what exact size for a/r. this is going to be a blow through carb setup for now until i can afford to do the efi. the engine is a 496 bbc that i am changing the pistons to get compresstion down to 8.7. i was looking at master power turbos they seem reasonable. any suggestions?

this car drives everywhere on the street so i dont want nothing too crazy. the car ran 11.2 at 127 mph n.a. so i want it to run very low 10s with the twins

what is o p and q trims?what does the trim mean? and i am going journal bearing because i am trying to do this as cheap as possible, master power has three different t70s they go for 590 a piece which is reasonable, but they sell ebay ones for like 250.00 which i know they are junk but is there anything you can do to these cheap turbos to make them work better

the trims are garrett’s designations. id have to google a bit to find the actual trim numbers.

Journal bearing chra’s are fine, 360’s are probably manditory b/c that cid motor will certainly be spinning those suckers hard!

I had a master power turbo on a vr6 golf a while back, a 60-1 model. it was a good turbo and had a good power range. I just dont know much else about them. I think the term “you get what you paid for” applies… b/c those turbo’s at 590 can’t be just as good as a turbonetics that runs 1500+.

hell, it sounds like you have a healthy engine as it is. i’d spray it and get your 10 second slip. be a hell of a lot cheaper, less down time. what compression are you at now? i’m assuming like 10.5 or 11-1?

im not a fan of turbos and carbs. blowers and carbs–yeah–because shit is linear. but turbos and carbs imo is not a good mix. i know it has been done–but too much stuff is controled mechanically leaving the user out of the mix. figure you need a msd btm box at minimum to pull timing, plus all the stuff you need for the carb to take boost. may be cheaper to get efi off the bat.

the car can do high 10s now with some traction, my best 60’ was 2.0. i want turbos over nitrous mainly for the cool factor. there arent many turbo big blocks around. my comp now is 10.2 . also i was planing to run only 3-5 lbs of boost until i fuel inject it i just want the turbos first

I want to say that the lowest tial gate for example is 4psi… so that means your lowest pressure would be 8psi.

…i think i assumed it would be injected :dunno:

i have been raeding alot about blow through carb turbos and the people who run them have good results,so i plan to go that route until i have the extra cash for the efi. i dont see a problem beause it is so low boost. also with twin turbos you add the psi from both banks together?