Turbos

Alright, I need some help picking a new turbo im gonna save up for. I was gonna go with the GT2871R but are there any better solutions out there? Ive been told that the 2871 is a really good turbo and it mates well with B16s…anyone ever have any experience with a 2871? Im also looking to buy brand new im not goin used this time

get one that doesnt smoke

why not just go with the proven T3 super 60

I say GT42-76R :slight_smile:

it really depends on what your looking for. i had the 2871r on my 240 and loved it. it pulled really hard top end and still spooled wel down low. as for on a b16 it might be a little big unless yu run the smaller .64 exhaust wheel, which limits your power output to right around 330 whp.

my next turbo

:bsflag:

:bsflag: your t70…by the time you get your exhaust my car will be done

bullshit its sitting in a bar drinking beer somewhere with your intercooler… going I know we’re supposed to be somewhere… oh hell gimme another round…

the 'ol lady made mine go home…he sent me a refund for the hookers

There’s a kid in Altoona running a 2871R on a B16. Hybridynamics did the install and tune. If I remember right he made like 290whp on 14psi. Stock internals I believe. I know he loves the setup.

sc61? :dunno:

sc61 FTW

my whole thing about the 2871 is whats the limit 300-400,

that means you have to get a bigger one later on,
i lucked out when i might my 60-1

quick spool really doesent matter unless your roll racing, and roll racing is gay.

who want to drive around town at 3000 rpm @ 10 psi. i wouldent…

for less money you can get a turbo that can support more power and is better for your motor…
(bigger turbo less stress on everything)

faster spooling turbos come on too hard for me with FWD IMO

and blows the tires off, my turbo dident get full spool till 5500 and it dident spin a bit,

hence 11.87 on street tires

like a t3/t4 of some sort or bigger

50 trims make nice 400+hp turbos

joe has a point. i got a garrett t3/to4b and it spools pretty fast. i can still drive around out of boost tho most of the time. i dont know what your hp goals are or what kinda $$$ you wanna spend. im going with a gt40 or a 35 for my next build. maybe look into a t3/to4E or the super 60.

gt40 is a lot bigger than a super 60

just a bit…haha

isent a gt40 good for like 800+