Whats the difference between these turbos?

About to grab a turbo but a little confused.

This one says .63 ar and a 58 trim…

this one says .83 ar and a 56 trim…
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-GTX3076R-GTX30R-Billet-Turbo-T3-4-Bolt-82-A-R-/290611875949?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43a9d1506d

I thought a/r was the size of the housing which I thought meant bigger the turbo… Number 1 has a smaller a/r but a bigger trim then number 2? number 2 has a smaller trim but 20 more hp capability… Whats the diff between these two and which would you reccomend out of these two?

Go big or go home , esp gunning for the soop

cooll…but which one is bigger lol… both a/r and trim mean the size of the turbo correct? one has a bigger a/r but a smaller trim then the other lol… Plus im going for fast spool time.

this ones a 1.06 a/r and still has 20 less hp capability then the .83 a/r???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-GTX3071R-GTX30R-Billet-Ball-Bearing-Turbo-T3-4-Bolt-1-06-A-R-/270821178263?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0e333b97

won’t make any real difference (comparing the two)

the fact that the 3076 has a bigger wheel (by a few mm’s) is why it is rated with that extra 20hp over the 3071. If you are aiming for 600whp+, neither of these turbos are right for you anyways, making the ‘max’ output hp just a number in your case.

vband > 4/5bolt , so id do 3071

edit: didn’t know you were supra hunting :giggle, might want to go bigger :lol

if im not mistaken the gtx series 30r makes more power then the older gt35r

If this was in response to me, I have two 35r’s…

Dave don’t put all of your eggs in one basket against me either…

Not to mention the gtx series seem real reliable…

2 local guys had them and two guys had problems.

huh? Was talking to Sully who said the gtx30r is small… I havent followed your set up at all, I know your jeep went from supercharged to twin turbo’d and what you told me you paid synapse to do it, thats about it…

what are you putting the turbz on?

eclipse

it is but i have a donor gsx that I will be converting my gst to awd once car is done with paint… They dont make awd verts.

why not consider a PTE tubro this will make all the power you need plus you will have some left over cash

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-6262-Ball-Bearing-Turbo-SP-T3-V-Band-63-A-R-/290598384806?hash=item43a90374a6&item=290598384806&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

and why would you use nitrous when you have a turbo? all you have to do is crank the boost higher

thanks, still weighing options, may just drop car off at turbotrix and let them handle the entire build minus the awd swap, still not sure yet, waiting for it to get done with paint lol.

First thing, you all need to remember this is in technical… not offbeat. I will be cleaning up this thread shortly.

Generally speaking AR relates to spool time. It gets me technical than that but that’s the idea. A .58ar will see efficiency around say 3100rpm on engine xxx, where the same turbo with a .83ar will see efficiency around say 4300rpm on the same engine.

I dont have time to post anything more informative here atm. Anyone else care to put real facts in or clarify my 2 cents, please feel free.

That’s a lot for a gtx3076r I could probably get you a better price than that.

As to which turbo is better tough to say most DSM dummies run these at like 35-40lbs where the gtx’s shine actually. But even if you were running 35psi+ the GT3582r still flows similar to the gtx3076r and outflows it at all boost levels below it. The gt35r flows up to 68 lb/min, while the gtx3076r only flows 64 lb/min and must be at 30-40lbs to achieve this. The gt35r can flow 64+lb/min from 20lbs and up to 40lbs. The gtx3076r might get you where you want to be but its tough to say. As a sale person I always like to guarantee results so the gt3582r is a safer bet. On my own personal cars would I try to get to 600whp on a gtx3076r you’re damn right hell I made 574whp on a gt3076r. 600whp can’t be assured on either turbo if the motor is inefficient though. So I would expect a proper manifold not cast, good flowing head and cams, etc.

Another turbo to consider would be the gtx3576r. GT35r turbine wheel and gtx3076r compressor wheel. This one would be quite a bit more money though.

Dont worry about trims or a/r, trim is relative to the size of the turbo so larger trim doesn’t mean larger turbo. A/R also is relative and these housings can be swapped for larger ones anyway.

Thank you for contributing good information.

Dave I would listen to him on this, and the GT3582/76 are good choices. You and I need to talk bottom end, head, etc first then consider a turbo that fits that. BOTH aspects of this build should be considered and tweaked accordingly, then procured together.

PTE billet variants can be considered too.

:wink:

read my message on fb.

thanks for the info hybrdthry911