turbz question

regarding a holset hx35. pretty sure theres supposed to be paper gasket in between the comp housing and the center section… i remember when i first took it apart last year what looked to be a thin gasket , but there was nothing really left to it so i scraped it out… I never noticed anything really… How much boost could i be losing here?

Just get the gasket IKE

where? I dont do this shit for a living havnt touched a wrench in forever it seems.

the comp housing is on tight as hell with the snap ring, i imagine at high boost it would be losing something right??

Without a gasket mine leaks pretty good. To fix it without buying a gasket I put a thin layer of Ultra Grey RTV on the back plate and then put on the compressor cover and the snap ring. No problems at all with this method.

Shut up, Ike is a good dude. Get out of here before he runs you over with his Grand Prix

no doubt, I’ll do just that easy nuff… thought it was strange theres nothing showing up in the parts layout though.

Thanks, i guess i could consider that a nice boost leak soon to be solved.

is this turbo blanket junk?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-Holset-HX35W-XPW-Turbo-Charger-Blanket-Heat-Cover-Dodge-/120886538034?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c25662f32&vxp=mtr

Nah get that shit

got it thanks

Yea RTV that shit with the grey or black… done deal

how dare you

OR you can always destroy a cereal box if you’re handy with an xacto knife. Best source for all paper gaskets!