Tutor for UB Math 131 (Calculus with a buisness aspect)

Well I have been struggling this semester and I usually don’t seek help but I can’t seem to find any help at UB. So what I need is someone to help guide my lost brain through the rest of this course.

All I ask:
Meet once or twice a week for about an hour. Typically this will be later at night as it is my only time I am not at work/school. 9PM ish
Be an asshole, I need a swift kick in the ass.
Speak english, this is where alot of issues have been stemming from.

We can discuss compensation.

I want to start as soon as possible so let me know!

Thanks
-Collyn
998-1650

math > me… good luck!

I did very well in calculus and really like helping people with math. Unfortunately I am going on vacation for 4 weeks next Friday, so I won’t be of much help. If you still need help when I get back, let me know.

They offer tutoring through UB. Have you tried this route? Math is not my strongest point either. Good luck!

I have talked to a few people, going to the “Math place” doesn’t really help, Its hard when I propose a question and they either don’t understand me or I can’t understand them. My TA has office hours but I can’t make them due to class/work conflicts.

I got a 4.0 in calculus, unfortunately I am way out of practice as that was the last time I used it. A fellow student actually had me tutor her, maybe that is a route that you can take? Find a smart kid and ask for some help.

Go to the math office on the second floor of the math building and ask the person working the desk for a list of tutors; they will give you about 30-40 names with emails. I hired a tutor for calc II and III, and it helped quite a bit. Just be prepared to pay $15-$25 / hr.

Dammit this is right up my alley, but I’m in Syracuse. Oh well, if you’re ever really stuck with something just shoot me a PM.

I will try to go in on Monday as I doubt the offices are open on the weekends. If anyone is interested PM or call/text me. Thanks for the advice though.

yeah that was the hardest class i took! my teach was foreign which didn’t help either. good luck man

If your name is Collyn how did you get the username DougFresh?

Middle name is douglas, and I always had shitty shoes in high school. Lol.

hmm ive alwys thought of doug from Nickelodeon’s show the one with quail man
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpzQlzUG3opwSXxIfu2vJ-MGIJJO9eyOsCJuzVm361NALSHKiE3A&t=1

but anyways good luck with the studies… not much help here

Well more than likely the UB offices will be closed this week for spring break. I really do not want to wait a week so I will be hitting up CL and the newspaper on monday unless something changes.

Also, if anyone has notebooks that they do not use anymore, I would be more than happy to purchase them. Really looking to tap into any and all resources I can.

What topics are you covering right now; derivatives? I took 141, and honestly, the topics covered aren’t that hard to grasp when you have the right person instructing you…have you tried youtube / online tutorials? I remember those being more helpful than going to the actual class a lot of times.

I took mth141 for 3 weeks resigned that shit was no joke. lol

Actually heading up to UB right now to get some stuff done, hopefully math offices are open. Bumping this up to see if anyone can/knows anyone who can help.

I know someone, send me a PM. Mech Engineering student, lives/breathes calculus, was never my strength.

PM me if you are looking still. If you want to send me a few example assignments as a refresher so I can see if I can set aside the time for it. I used to tutor computer science and math.