TW: 1995 Mits. Eclipse GSX

[quote=“Matt Danger,post:48,topic:23924"”]

I looked at this car a few weeks ago. Laymone is a real nice kid and was more than willing to let me look at whatever I wanted. He threw a battery in the car and it fired right up, but we didn’t move it from the garage. I’d be curious as to how it drove. There was a little smoke coming from under the exhaust manifold heat shield, couldn’t see what the cause was. He has another t-25 for it but I forgot whether he said he’s going to include it or not.

My biggest concern was the body. The paint job is bright but there is some overspray on the weather stripping and window moldings and some parts could have been wet sanded a bit more. The driver’s door is missing the door cap for the GSX side skirts. There was a dent repair on the passenger’s 1/4 panel that is slightly noticeable. A bigger issue is the driver’s door that is mis-aligned, apparently from an accident (a separate one from the rear-ender that caused the salvage title). There was slight surface rust around the hatch opening and in the spare wheel well area.

I think $6,500 is a bit much considering on the condition, however I consider a bunch of receipts from Hybrid a plus. I don’t know if his position has changed but when I was there he didn’t really seem in any hurry to sell. All in all it will depend on what type of buyer is looking at the car. It wasn’t the car for me but might be for someone else.

[/quote]

sweet post. :tup:

still gl on the sale though. misaligned door though? :eek2: