TW: 1995 Mits. Eclipse GSX

I don’t see why “cash” makes a difference, especially in such a low dollar transaction. Explain.

X…

[quote=“TheKID10788,post:40,topic:23924"”]

Thought it needed new turbo parts… If not then I can understand his offer being a lowball… But is it still the only cash offer?

EDIT: Car does look good. GLWS

[/quote]

thanks.
the car need the turbo to be replaced, it burns a little and have some play. but still boost hard. i have a good T25 sitting around waiting to be put it. its jsut to cold to do anything.

theres a few people who are really intrested but because of the weather, who knows.

bump

bump. drove in this car today and tooks some pics

sweet! so now that you rode in it, did it suck or was it sweet? :smiley:

Ok.
Headlights are way out of wack.
Front bumper apears to be chipping already.
Inner wheel wells are painted white?
Sounds like a maco paint job.
Is there any warranty on the paint job that can be forwarded to the buyer?

it just need some adjustment
and the paint isnt the best and in the pic, the bumper is not chipped. also thats salt from the road

I looked at this car a few weeks ago. Laymone is a real nice kid and was more than willing to let me look at whatever I wanted. He threw a battery in the car and it fired right up, but we didn’t move it from the garage. I’d be curious as to how it drove. There was a little smoke coming from under the exhaust manifold heat shield, couldn’t see what the cause was. He has another t-25 for it but I forgot whether he said he’s going to include it or not.

My biggest concern was the body. The paint job is bright but there is some overspray on the weather stripping and window moldings and some parts could have been wet sanded a bit more. The driver’s door is missing the door cap for the GSX side skirts. There was a dent repair on the passenger’s 1/4 panel that is slightly noticeable. A bigger issue is the driver’s door that is mis-aligned, apparently from an accident (a separate one from the rear-ender that caused the salvage title). There was slight surface rust around the hatch opening and in the spare wheel well area.

I think $6,500 is a bit much considering on the condition, however I consider a bunch of receipts from Hybrid a plus. I don’t know if his position has changed but when I was there he didn’t really seem in any hurry to sell. All in all it will depend on what type of buyer is looking at the car. It wasn’t the car for me but might be for someone else.

nice write up, thanks for doing the dirty work for me, no longer interested here lol.

[quote=“Matt Danger,post:48,topic:23924"”]

I looked at this car a few weeks ago. Laymone is a real nice kid and was more than willing to let me look at whatever I wanted. He threw a battery in the car and it fired right up, but we didn’t move it from the garage. I’d be curious as to how it drove. There was a little smoke coming from under the exhaust manifold heat shield, couldn’t see what the cause was. He has another t-25 for it but I forgot whether he said he’s going to include it or not.

My biggest concern was the body. The paint job is bright but there is some overspray on the weather stripping and window moldings and some parts could have been wet sanded a bit more. The driver’s door is missing the door cap for the GSX side skirts. There was a dent repair on the passenger’s 1/4 panel that is slightly noticeable. A bigger issue is the driver’s door that is mis-aligned, apparently from an accident (a separate one from the rear-ender that caused the salvage title). There was slight surface rust around the hatch opening and in the spare wheel well area.

I think $6,500 is a bit much considering on the condition, however I consider a bunch of receipts from Hybrid a plus. I don’t know if his position has changed but when I was there he didn’t really seem in any hurry to sell. All in all it will depend on what type of buyer is looking at the car. It wasn’t the car for me but might be for someone else.

[/quote]

sweet post. :tup:

still gl on the sale though. misaligned door though? :eek2:

where on the west i live on prospect and penn

[quote=“Got Rice Galant,post:46,topic:23924"”]

Ok.
Headlights are way out of wack.
Front bumper apears to be chipping already.
Inner wheel wells are painted white?
Sounds like a maco paint job.
Is there any warranty on the paint job that can be forwarded to the buyer?

[/quote]

wow do you talk to your gf in the same way?

near buff state.

seen this car car last night, along with beck w/red hatch, and choko lol. Was a little unintentional cruise, but this car is clean and paint is very bright.:tup: My g/f saw it and i said “ouuuu i want it” lol. i told her it was for sale and she told me to buy it for her. Then the eclipse turned into mobil, beck down shifted at 40mph ish, got on it and SMOKED the tires for a good 150 ft :eek: That Hatch flies!!!

ohh it was my brother that was driving. hes not much of a car guy and probly didnt know what was going on.

I went and looked at this today just to check it out. I am not too sure I would actually buy another eclipse. It would seem kinda foolish if I did since I just sold mine 8 months ago, but I was curious.

The paint Job is not all that bad. The white is kind of bright, but I think it looks good. The car is pretty low and looks pretty damn sexy.

Some things that bothered me which were already mentioned were the driver’s side door being misaligned and the fact that the door cap for the sideskirt is missing… He did say he had a replacment cap, and all of this stuff probably could easliy be fixed without burning a huge hole into your pocket.

The interior of the car was not the best as well. The driver’s side carpet was pretty dirty, and the seat had a little wear. The passenger side on the other hand was not bad at all. The radio wasn’t hooked up either, but if you’re going to buy one of these cars, You’re probably not going to care.

I did go for a ride in it. It pulled pretty good for having a bad turbo. Laymone has a replacment, and I think he said it was included. One thing about this car that I liked in particular is how well the clutch felt along with how well the tranny shifted. The new shifter buschings really helped make it a tighter and smoother shift. Hope I described that correctly.

All in all, the car is in decent shape and has definaitly come a long way. It does need some work, but all these cars do. I would say that he is asking a bit much considering it is almost a 13 year old car with a salvage title, but I understand why he is after seeing all the reciepts from Hybrid. He is not in a hurry to sell, if at all, so expect the price to be pretty firm.

This is a good Fun/Project car or even a decent DD. Laymone is a great guy, and was very honest about everything that car needed. I would recommend that if you are interested to go check this out. GLWS!

I see that it’s also now on DSMTrader for $6800

http://www.dsmsource.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=12099&cat=6

yea so somone can lower the price down.

if its not gone in two weeks. the car is going to have a 3in turbo back. new turbo. and ill most likly keep it.

Why not keep it? You’ve got some time and love into it you should enjoy it first before selling it.