FS:1997 Eclipse GSX RED 5SPD

Well after thinking long and hard about it for the past few months, ive finally decided that I might want to sell my car. I just want to gauge some interest in it and see what kind of offers i get.

Ok b4 I get started about the car, I would just like to let everyone know that, yes, this is Sam’s old car. Everyone seems to know it as his car. I bought it from him last year in october; approximatly 5 months ago. I drove it for 1 1/2 months and stored it for 3 1/2. Its still in great condition.

The Specs:

Rebuilt 6 bolt 4g63 bored .020 over - fully machined and balanced(approx 6k on motor)
wiseco 9:1 forged pistons
1g rods
clevite 77 bearings
ARP headstuds
cometic headgasket
comp street/strip grind cams (equivalent to hks264s)
ferria valves
all new turbo plumbing – well i dont know how new that is
resurfaced 6 bolt flywheel with act 2600 clutch

Turbo and Fuel:
Big16g turbo
Greddy big fmic and piping
apexi avcr digital boost controller
RC 550cc injectors
walbro 190lph fuel pump
apexi safc a/f controller

Exhaust:
apexi n1 3" downpipe
apexi n1 3" exhaust
ported 2g exhaust manifold
ported 2g o2 housing

Suspension and Rollers:
tein flex suspension
dunlop sp sport fm109s all the way around
stock 17x7 2g wheels

Stereo:
pioneer 7400mp cd/mp3 player
pioneer 4 way 5 3/4" door speakers
pioneer 6x9s

All of the above was pretty much taken out of the Ad that Sam had posted when he sold the car…

Since the time I’ve bought it, I have replaced the folowing items:
-steering rack and pinion
-radiator
-slave cylinder
-had the egr vacuum lines hooked back up
-transmission

All of the above work was done by Hybrid Connection, except for the Transmission. The Transmission was bought from T.R.E. and the link to the specs is here: http://teamrip.com/awd.html scroll to the bottom to remanufactured AWD transmission.

Things you should know b4 considering:

• I have a CEL on for the map sensor. Hybrid has an adapter for it to be hooked up. that can be purchased for $45. Just havent gotten around to it yet.

• The car does need an alignment due to the fact that the steering rack was replaced.

• 3rd Gear is a little tough to get into, but Jon from T.R.E. told me it can easliy be fixed and that its common. I have the email from what he said about it if anyone is interested.
    ======================================================

Like i said b4, I am just guaging interest. I just want to know how many of you would be interested and what kind of offers I could get.

PM if you’re interested…

Thanks
Steve

what are you looking to get. i know someone who owuld be VERY interested

edited

i rode in the car just after the tranny was done, pulls like a raped ape even @ part throttle. not a car for those who are easily scared or those with a heart condition :slight_smile:

Price…I would hate to lowball

the counter weight has been taken care of. If someone is thinking about getting a project car this would be good. It needs a little TLC by someone who is willing to take the time and play with it. Otherwise car is SOLID :slight_smile: And there arent many DSMs i would say this about

I think Sam should buy it back!!! :slight_smile:

i so want it, to bad i have no job

Bump.

Beautiful car. Good luck selling her.

I’d be somewhat interested in moving up to a newer nicer DSM. I’ve got some rust issues showing up on my car.

But I think the price might be a bit out of my range.

alright… I dont think this is outragegous but i was more or less hoping to get $11500 for it, that would cover how much i paid for it, and most of the transmission. but since no one ever gets what they want for their car, it’s 11500 or best offer. Ill have pics of its current condition tomorrow since i have to run to work now, i forgot the clocks moved up!

Ok, Ive thought about it, This car is definiatly for sale now… pm me if you have any questions. I am at work right now, so i will be checking the forum pretty much every couple of minutes because Theres nothing else to do here…

it took you one solid hour to decide it was really for sale lol. i’d definitely rock this car though, glws.

yah ive just really decided that this just isnt the car for me. If I knew how to work on it and really had the time and energy to learn, i would keep it because it really is a lot of fun to drive, and its so damn sexy.

I like this car. I got up close and personal with this car once. Good luck.

:word: X eleventy billion.

bump for a great car, I can vouch for this beast, I drove it from Ohio to Buffalo. :tup:

thanks for the compliments guys.

Hott car, I’ve driven it and it pulls really hard. :tup:

Make sure you find this a good home. DSM hitmen will come and kill you if you sell it to a douche.

:word:

no offers?

I’ll make it known that your selling this on the DSM forums.