FS: 97 Eclipse GSX

Most of you have seen my car. if you havent, ask a few people, and they probably can vouch for it. I have decided that now might be a good time to part ways with my baby…

ASKING $9,750

Red, 5spd, moonroof, gray leather, 95k (w/ 2k on the new motor)

The Good Stuff…

Engine:
freshly built 6 bolt 4g63 bored .020 over (500 miles of progressive breakin and 1500 miles of regular driving)
fully machined and balanced
wiseco 9:1 forged pistons
1g rods
clevite 77 bearings
ARP headstuds
cometic headgasket
comp street/strip grind cams (equivalent to hks264s)
ferria valves
all new turbo plumbing
resurfaced 6 bolt flywheel with new act 2600 clutch

Turbo and Fuel:
Big16g turbo
Greddy big fmic and piping
apexi avcr digital boost controller
RC 550cc injectors
walbro 190lph fuel pump
apexi safc a/f controller

Exhaust:
apexi n1 3" downpipe
apexi n1 3" exhaust
ported 2g exhaust manifold
ported 2g o2 housing

Suspension and Rollers:
tein flex suspension (fully adjustable coilovers and struts)
fully aligned by goodyear
new dunlop sp sport fm109s all the way around
stock 17x7 2g gsx wheels

Stereo:
pioneer 7400mp cd/mp3 player
pioneer 4 way 5 3/4" door speakers
pioneer 6x9s
kenwood 600watt amp
mtx 10" subwoofer in sealed truck box in the trunk

Exterior:
it is in superior condition for the car being 8 years old. i always keep it waxed and washed. it has been garage kept while i have owned it. there are a few minor blemishes, scratches and dings, but nothing noticeable. the paint still shines very nicely.

Performance:
last year it ran a 12.8@108. this was a on a stock motor. i would estimate that it would realistically run a 12.5 as it sits right now. with more fuel support and a different turbo setup, the motor should be able to handle 400whp+++.

the motor was built by myself under the close eye of don at hybrid connection. it runs well and pulls very strong. the car has been tuned to perfection by mike at innovative tuning.

The Bad:
the transmission has a small fluid leak. It hasnt been pinpointed, but i have had hybrid take a look at it and it is believed to be a seal. it leaks slow enough that it needs to be topped off about once every 2 months.

there is a check engine light currently. the cel is becuase the egr and evap emissions are not currently hooked up. all of the sensors needed to hook these up are plugged into their wiring harness positions, but need to have vaccuum lines routed properly to work. as of right now, they are bypassed.

i am asking $9,750 for the car as it sits. it runs awesome and pulls very hard. i will be sad to see it go, but i have some financial goals i have set for myself, and i would like to attain them.

thanks,

sam

please, if you are interested, pictures will not do the car justice, call my cellphone and you can see/drive it for yourself :smiley:

228-7406

repeat

wtf

didnt you just finish working on it?

I wish I had a few thou. I would pick, up this car in a minute.

godd luck with the sale Sam…She is worth every penny.

very worth the money, i got to see this car from skrappers passanger seat for a bunch of highway runs and from a dig 3 or 4 times too

very very impressive ride in beautiful shape

thanks guys…

bump…

sorry to see it go man, ill always remember the fun race we had, you were my first run from ubrf in the slowbra :slight_smile:

Stairs you need to get on this! :smiley:

hrmm… not a bad idea at all! hopefully, she takes a look at this…

your car is beautiful Sam…good luck with the sale. My Talon already blew up so i think i’m getting out of the DSM world for now…sadly of course :frowning:

Damn Andrea, sorry to hear…

On-topic, Sam’s car is awesome. I’ve been in it and I"m very impressed

Damn Andrea, sorry to hear…

On-topic, Sam’scaris awesome. I’ve been in it and I"m very impressed.

wow

you are kidding me

wow

that is a steal btw

thats cheaper than before the swap…

yea thats an amazing deal for such a clean car, even without the build

goodluck selling, not that you’ll knead it

Why such a reduction on asking price from before???

WTFFFF??? after all that are you kidding me…also you are at 9.0:1 compression ratio.

wow :frowning: goodluck with the sale tho…

oh wow…i heard about you putting it up for sale yesterday and i was shocked…you just finished it…

im sure you have good reasons as to why you are selling it…it is a very nice, clean car…

if i had money for a 2nd car…id take this in a heartbeat…

goodluck Sam!

damn sam… wouldn’t have thought you’d part with it so soon, very nice car, great seller… i’d definitely rock it if i was lookin for a new quick car :tup: :tup:

its a long story don… ill give you a call.

i have some financial priorities right now.

the reduction in price is because i realize what blue book is on the car, and i am not going to try to gauge people. i would like it to sell for what i have asked for it, or relatively close to it. with that said, the motor swap was something that i wanted to do for a learning experience. i did spend a pretty good chunk of change on it, and hybrid helped me out with it BIGTIME. however, it would be unreasonable to ask to get all my money out of it.

make me offers people…