TW/FS: Real Sword

This is real, and its heavy. not sure what this is worth but the pics dont do it justice. And yes, its needs to be wiped off.

heres a cd next to the handle so you can get an idea of the size

question, what exactly makes it real vs. fake ? because im fairly certain that sword was probably never used for real swording

i have another question…why?

[quote=“chino,post:2,topic:39465"”]

question, what exactly makes it real vs. fake ?

[/quote]

well i just meant the thing is heavy and made of real metal thus it could casue serious bodily injury. Its not some cheap toys r us sword

so you are saying it is metal, and not a plastic toy…

I dunno - i totally beat the fuck out of a kid in my neighborhood with my he-man sword back in the day, and that was plastic.

Was it hand forged? Composite steel? High carbon content on cutting edge? Low carbon content in center section?

i have a katana at home i bought after watching kill bill, lets sword fight.

I hope its better then this high quality QVC sword http://youtube.com/watch?v=-LfT5UkUx_s

its a repost but it fits here nicely

stainless steel double sided blade

You always have the best FS: threads. Where do you find this stuff?

[quote=“JayS,post:10,topic:39465"”]

You always have the best FS: threads.
Where do you find this stuff?

[/quote]

:thankyou:
:snky:

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:6,topic:39465"”]

Was it hand forged? Composite steel? High carbon content on cutting edge? Low carbon content in center section?

[/quote]

I actually watched a really good documentary on sword making about three weeks ago…amazing trade

oh and $10 for the lowball starting bid

[quote=“1sik bmw,post:13,topic:39465"”]

oh and $10 for the lowball starting bid

[/quote]

$10? NO.

[quote=“1sik bmw,post:12,topic:39465"”]

I actually watched a really good documentary on sword making about three weeks ago…amazing trade

[/quote]

Probably the same one I watched. The manual labor that went into was amazing, but the physical material engineering was insane (even by today’s standards), especially for being done with 500+ year old technology and understanding.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:15,topic:39465"”]

Probably the same one I watched. The manual labor that went into was amazing, but the physical material engineering was insane (even by today’s standards), especially for being done with 500+ year old technology and understanding.

[/quote]

I found it impressive how they measured the craftsmanship by how many bodies it could cut through… With a 5 body sword being the best

anyway bump

I know where you found that.

[quote=“chino,post:7,topic:39465"”]

i have a katana at home i bought after watching kill bill, lets sword fight.

[/quote]

There can be only one…

[quote=“91CRXSI,post:8,topic:39465"”]

I hope its better then this high quality QVC sword http://youtube.com/watch?v=-LfT5UkUx_s

its a repost but it fits here nicely

[/quote]

never saw that before… made me lol

Im not sure how much your looking to get, but dont expect a ton. any type of collectors stuff has dropped way down in value. Alot of this stuff you see is chinese show crap that you can easily by wholesale if you know where to look.

On another note, the amount of engineering work that goes into swords is astounding. Coupled with todays technology, you can purchase some really awesome stuff.